• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring 2023 Medium/Long Range Discussion

Chicago Storm

It appears to be all-systems-go for permanent spring once this huge upper low lifts out.  One more lobe of Canadian chill wants to dig down behind this one, but as the big California upper low ejects east the southwesterly flow ahead of it wins out and pushes all the chill back up into Canada... hopefully, for good.

Next week looks more active, too.  We could use some storms.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hawkeye_wx said:

It appears to be all-systems-go for permanent spring once this huge upper low lifts out.  One more lobe of Canadian chill wants to dig down behind this one, but as the big California upper low ejects east the southwesterly flow ahead of it wins out and pushes all the chill back up into Canada... hopefully, for good.

Next week looks more active, too.  We could use some storms.

Agreed.  Looking forward to move on from this winter like pattern!!

21 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

While things look to improve overall, it also appears as though it will be a bumpy road for the beginning and middle 1/3rds of May (Especially the latter).

Probably should keep expectations in check.

I’m real confused recently on everyone saying much nicer weather coming. I guess that’s because a week plus of 40s and rain has lowered our expectations? 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

While things look to improve overall, it also appears as though it will be a bumpy road for the beginning 1/3rd and middle 1/3rd of May (Especially the latter).

I'll take near normal, though I am not happy about seeing more prolonged -NAO. Useless shit this time of year.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Chicago Storm said:

While things look to improve overall, it also appears as though it will be a bumpy road for the beginning 1/3rd and middle 1/3rd of May (Especially the latter).

My expectations are you should be able to put plants in the ground and not worry about mid to upper 20s revisiting. The days of low 40s and rain are hopefully done but still expect rain and low 50s. More days in the 60s and 70s but full time shorts temps not till after Memorial Day.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2023 at 8:25 AM, Cary67 said:

My expectations are you should be able to put plants in the ground and not worry about mid to upper 20s revisiting. The days of low 40s and rain are hopefully done but still expect rain and low 50s. More days in the 60s and 70s but full time shorts temps not till after Memorial Day.

your expectations will be exceeded.

• Like 2

On 4/18/2023 at 7:50 PM, Harry said:

Yep. Almost forgot about that. 

That was a decent first winter for me here. Ofcourse the Super clipper was the main event. Probably won't be another like that clipper.  

Which event are you calling the Super Clipper? Nvrmnd, Jan 22 right? Unfortunately I was not in Marshall then and missed it. One of the better storms over here even. 

2 hours ago, frostfern said:

No good thunder in the long range.  :(  What is it with these backdoor trough / ridge-stuck-west patterns.  Happens every spring just as the sun angle gets high enough to actually destabilize things in a good pattern.

We will have our time