Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring 2023 Medium/Long Range Discussion

Chicago Storm

26 minutes ago, Cary67 said:

This weekend's(most of next week also) spring weather is payment due to actually have cold fronts make it through our area in the summer. 

That would be a bitch. Get one of those strong cold fronts in early August and drop temps into the mid 60s. I remember as a kid we had a beach day and I told my family it’s going to be chilly. They didn’t listen to me and it was only a high of 67 for that day. Was the first week of August 

2 hours ago, SolidIcewx said:

That would be a bitch. Get one of those strong cold fronts in early August and drop temps into the mid 60s. I remember as a kid we had a beach day and I told my family it’s going to be chilly. They didn’t listen to me and it was only a high of 67 for that day. Was the first week of August 

That does happen but I was referring to relief from hot spells in the 90s with high humidity and 70+dewpoints. We frequently drop back into the 80s or even upper 70s with lower humidity whereas areas further south like St. Louis the front never really gets there. Also spared the intense heat waves most years that TX and the SE endure 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Cary67 said:

That does happen but I was referring to relief from hot spells in the 90s with high humidity and 70+dewpoints. We frequently drop back into the 80s or even upper 70s with lower humidity whereas areas further south like St. Louis the front never really gets there. Also spared the intense heat waves most years that TX and the SE endure 

Ahh okay that makes sense. It is definitely nice when the humidity is taken away and we get a nice breeze to go along with it

2 hours ago, josh_4184 said:

LOL, i am assuming this is overdone or  at least hoping. 

FuvjM7cWcAQuLsO?format=png&name=mediumFuvhyT3WIBUfQTR?format=png&name=medium

Would have made for a epic Les event in January or February. The closest I believe/think was November which hung around for 3 days and dumped 21 inches of Les here.