Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Spring 2023 Medium/Long Range Discussion

Chicago Storm

1 hour ago, Chicago Storm said:

We saw a similar period during the 1st half of March.

During that period we saw a mix of mild (AA) and cool (BA) temps, with an average to above average active pattern.

So all in all, this could be similar, just a solid month+ later in the year.

Hopefully come May we can get some real consistent spring wx with temps in the 60s/70s. 

39 minutes ago, Harry said:

Hopefully come May we can get some real consistent spring wx with temps in the 60s/70s. 

We’ve already been having that for the past two weeks. I mean, we’re literally having one of the warmest Aprils on record thus far, what more do you want?

6A77B2E3-6A23-4350-A98E-6545B5D50298.png

• Weenie 1

14 hours ago, Harry said:

At the beginning of last weeks “summer”, I told myself “we’ll be paying for this in a week”, well, here we are. Also last nights run of the GFS - no thanks, though it would be cool to see a foot a snow overnight in late April. 

2 hours ago, Harry Perry said:

At the beginning of last weeks “summer”, I told myself “we’ll be paying for this in a week”, well, here we are. Also last nights run of the GFS - no thanks, though it would be cool to see a foot a snow overnight in late April. 

Did you see the 06z run? Lol

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

Every model taking a turn showing over a foot this weekend. :yikes:

I'll be honest.  If we get a foot+ then it would be hard not to enjoy.  :popcorn:  If it is going to be a 1-2" slop fest like last nights 1" of snow then no thanks. :yikes:  

They snow cover would help to protect some of the plants at least ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lightning said:

I'll be honest.  If we get a foot+ then it would be hard not to enjoy.  :popcorn:  If it is going to be a 1-2" slop fest like last nights 1" of snow then no thanks. :yikes:  

They snow cover would help to protect some of the plants at least ;)

Interesting way of looking at it.  And yeah I am always up for a record worthy event which it would be via 06z GFS. 12z UK not far behind either. 

Still it's very low chance but something to track atleast. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Interesting way of looking at it.  And yeah I am always up for a record worthy event which it would be via 06z GFS. 12z UK not far behind either. 

Still it's very low chance but something to track atleast. 

Now if any of that verifies it would end up being quite the event. I’d be down for some of that snow. Definitely worth my time that’s for sure, then have 80 degrees within a week after lol. Should bring some of the snow weenies out

18 minutes ago, SolidIcewx said:

Now if any of that verifies it would end up being quite the event. I’d be down for some of that snow. Definitely worth my time that’s for sure, then have 80 degrees within a week after lol. Should bring some of the snow weenies out

Get a few models showing it at same time especially as we get closer then all will start coming back. 

Kinda hard to pull off such a event around here especially in late April. May 9th 1923 says not impossible though. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

April 23-24, 2005 was another impressive one.

Yep. Almost forgot about that. 

That was a decent first winter for me here. Ofcourse the Super clipper was the main event. Probably won't be another like that clipper.  

Powerball meant the harsh winters of the 2007-15 period gave snow lovers unrealistically lofty expectations. 
Have felt the same way. The only truly subpar winter in that stretch was 2011-12. Around here, 2012-13 had bad luck involved, and parts of the subforum ended up with solidly above normal snow.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

13 hours ago, RCNYILWX said:

Have felt the same way. The only truly subpar winter in that stretch was 2011-12. Around here, 2012-13 had bad luck involved, and parts of the subforum ended up with solidly above normal snow.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Same here. 2011-12 was the only sub par Winter of that glorious stretch. It's also the last time Detroit finished a snow season under 30".