• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 11-12 "Wintry System"

Radtechwxman

The evolution of this system is rather interesting. A split jet stream pattern will lead to a pair of sfc lows, one in north central Plains and other in south central Plains. They will be attempting to phase but may not do so till the east coast where a bigger Nor'easter looks to develop. The northern low will help pull up moisture from southern stream system and create a swath of precipitation similar to today's event albeit more nw to se oriented. Better chances of snow once again may be I80 north with mixing issues south of there. However, things are subject to change based on degree of or lack thereof interaction between the northern and southern stream systems. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, StormChaser4Life said:

The evolution of this system is rather interesting. A split jet stream pattern will lead to a pair of sfc lows, one in north central Plains and other in south central Plains. They will be attempting to phase but may not do so till the east coast where a bigger Nor'easter looks to develop. The northern low will help pull up moisture from southern stream system and create a swath of precipitation similar to today's event albeit more nw to se oriented. Better chances of snow once again may be I80 north with mixing issues south of there. However, things are subject to change based on degree of or lack thereof interaction between the northern and southern stream systems. 

18z GFS is calling for 5" of snow on south edge of snow in places like Cincinnati..

23 hours ago, Brian D said:

BOOM time. :)

March 11-12 snow.gif

The updated snowcast has slightly less totals for the region, and slightly greater totals along the North Shore (Silver Bay area especially). Some LES has shown up on radar already this morning between here, and Silver bay which is the reason for the bigger totals along the shore. Winds are kicking up this morning, and still waiting on the snow, which is on the doorstep in Duluth.

Mar 11 snow update.gif

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TheNiño said:

You all have had a hell of a winter. Enjoy!

As far as snow goes, yes, and that away from the lake in the higher terrain. Temps have been so-so. Not as much bitter weather this year. Duluth, and TH 7NW are pushing for snow season records as seen in my sig below. Will have to see the final tally on this storm to see how much closer they get.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brian D said:

As far as snow goes, yes, and that away from the lake in the higher terrain. Temps have been so-so. Not as much bitter weather this year. Duluth, and TH 7NW are pushing for snow season records as seen in my sig below. Will have to see the final tally on this storm to see how much closer they get.

As someone who likes to camp in MN, the thought of the mosquito harvest this spring has me worried. Short of an impending drought, There’s going to be a lot of standing water at this rate

1 minute ago, TheNiño said:

As someone who likes to camp in MN, the thought of the mosquito harvest this spring has me worried. Short of an impending drought, There’s going to be a lot of standing water at this rate

Yes, but the frost never really went at all that deep, so, much of the snow melt will soak in much quicker. Nonetheless, a wet start to the Spring season to be sure. But lack of rain later in the Spring could allow things to dry up quickly. Just depends.

• Like 1