• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 13-14th Nor'easter Threat

NJwx85

I know some places saw some wind, but IMBY this may have been one of the worst wind forecast busts we've ever had. For most of the storm, it was relatively calm, and I'm not sure we even saw a gust to 20 at the worst. Forecast the day prior was for gusts into the 40s.

3 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

ill add that and fix lower weschester, i didn't have any reports from there so just based the contour on the surrounding reports from rockland and fairfield counties but i can move it up a bit. 

Yea I’m basing it on actual observation. I live on border of Bronx/Westchester and drove between here and I287 there was nothing. I’m sure it’s possible somewhere got a trace but definitely not a few inches. 

I’m up at my house in Vermont and the damage is incredible. I didn’t go up late weekend due to no power. A huge white pine lost its top and it fell on the roof of the house! Good thing I just rent for the winter. Trees down everywhere. The forest floor is covered in branches. 30” of wet snow with 40”+ at higher elevations. The amazing thing is there is absolutely no tree damage above 1500”.  All the damage is in a band between 500’-1500.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1