• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 13-14th Nor'easter Threat

NJwx85

10" here but definitely got more than that because the snow keeps compacting. I measured another 2 inches after I snowblowed the driveway and it just keeps coming.  If this happened in January and it was dead cold we would of been crushed. Definitely happy for what I got because when I drove into town it was significantly less. Cut up my neighbors tree that fell across her driveway, thank God I had a new chain. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RU848789 said:

After about 4 hours of light to moderate snow at 33-34F, with a few light dustings established and then melted quickly as intensity lessened, just now we're finally getting sustained moderate snow (maybe 3/8 of a mile visibility (maybe 600-700 yards) at 32F and we now officially have a "full dusting" or "light coating" (whatever that is, lol) on the colder surfaces (and a good 1/4" on trees, but that doesn't count, lol) which translates to about 0.1".

My guess is now that we're 2.5 hours past the full height of the sun and a little cooler, the snow will accumulate at least a little now. Radar looks good for me for the next 30 min or so. If we can hold onto this intensity once we have a cold layer on the ground, maybe we can pull off a whole 1/4-1/2". My other guess is that we've probably had 1/4-3/8" per hour snow "falling" rates for ~4 hours (I always think of 1/4" per hour as light with 3/8"/hr as getting moderate), so that's about the melting rate - could've had 1-1.5" over those 4 hours, but it's midday at March and it's been 33-34F until right now. Anyway, that's probably TMI for most, lol, but I get excited about this stuff, lol.  

bwfJnzJ.png

here's the pic of 1" on the car. So odd. Still at 1/2" on the board, as intensity has let up a little, so some melting while falling. About to head to the bar and then the RU NIT game, so y'all are on your own...have fun...

lfaEbur.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FPizz said:

@winterwx21  Are you getting a nice burst?  Radar looks good over Piscataway

I just got back from the grocery store, and yeah it has been snowing moderate to heavy. Still a tremendous struggle for it to accumulate though. Just a very light coating on the grass in some areas, while other grassy areas remain bare. This March sun angle has been a killer. This would have been a nice few inches if it happened at night. It is accumulating on the trees and bushes a little better though. At least it's a nice scene with the trees coated. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rjay said:

Parachutes 

Airplanes! I love word association games!

down to flurries in Brightwaters. Band is sliding east. Easily the best snow of the season here, and zero to show for it. Isn’t it ironic? No, not really 

1 hour ago, RU848789 said:

If you're getting the moderate to close to heavy bands we're in now and others who also have had little snow this winter appear to be in, get yourself outside and walk around in it.  It's a beautiful day - yeah it sucks that most of it has melted, but even falling snow with big flakes is very cool to see and we might not see any more flakes until next winter.  Or 2026.  

Yeah took a walk in the local park. Nobody there but me and a squad car. What he was doing there I have no clue. Maybe enjoying the flakes.

• Like 2