Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 13-14th Nor'easter Threat

NJwx85

4 minutes ago, Bxstormwatcher360 said:

Mega death band incoming southwestward towards nyc..all these bands just keep on coming..

That's what the 00z models picked up on. Very sharp drop off near the Hudson if it ends up verifying. 

Here in Ramsey it's really coming down and blowing but still not sticking to pavement. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

A few hours later and couple of degrees cooler and this would be 1”/hr. So annoying. 

Yeah I know some snow lovers might be happy just to see snow coming down, but for me all this white rain is just irritating. A real waste. We would've gotten a few inches if this happened at night. Instead white rain. Best case we get a little coating on colder surfaces if it keeps snowing at this rate later in the afternoon. 

1 minute ago, jm1220 said:

We should be pivoting in these bands until 7-8pm or so, so many of us can get lucky and have some accums as the sun goes down. But frustrating for sure. If this was January this would be a 3-6” event where these bands are hitting. 

If that’s the case the ground is already white here so 3-6” here is a decent possibility 

3 minutes ago, Bxstormwatcher360 said:

Diurnal heating ends before that. But ill take it,the temps are gonna drop a couple of degrees by then.

I would think by 5 pm the effect will be negligible. The problem is will these bands be around by then?

Over 9 inches here now, 2 inches in the last hour sitting underneath the band over the Hudson and Eastern Orange County. 

• Like 2