Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 13-14th Nor'easter Threat

NJwx85

Light snow. Not expecting much accumulation today 

Sloatsburg dropped to 32F the last hour and nothing at all on the roads with the light snow falling. The mid-March sun angle means business, it will have to snow way harder than this to get anything on the pavement and sidewalks today, just grassy accumulations and cat tops

2 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Sloatsburg dropped to 32F the last hour and nothing at all on the roads with the light snow falling. The mid-March sun angle means business, it will have to snow way harder than this to get anything on the pavement and sidewalks today, just grassy accumulations and cat tops

Accumulations aren’t measured on paved surfaces lol

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Let it snow, katze, chat #lesfilous: | Kittens cutest, Cats ...

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

Just now, Winterweatherlover said:

Temp needs to drop more in immediate metro area for accumulation. 35-36 in March isn’t going to get it done even for colder surfaces. 

Well the way this baby is moving or lack thereof,id say once the sun starts setting..temps are gonna drop..lets see how the ccb performs.

We're okay for awhile. Should snow for at least the next 8-10 hours in most locations. The surface low is still deepening. Once it starts to occlude later this afternoon that is when things will start to dry up however the process will be somewhat slow and the system is as far East right now as it will get.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

We're okay for awhile. Should snow for at least the next 8-10 hours in most locations. The surface low is still deepening. Once it starts to occlude later this afternoon that is when things will start to dry up however the process will be somewhat slow and the system is as far East right now as it will get.

Probably gonna need to either really pick up in intensity or last until after sundown to get anything in NYC. Right now not that optimistic. 

Obviously a different story north and west which could see several inches on the grass. 

10 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

I'm going for maximum ugliness here with minimum payoff. Roads are all blocked, power out, my dogwood and lilacs getting decimated... all for 4" and struggling to make any net gains in the daylight. Snow growth has improved again after a lull, so maybe we can start adding inches again. 

Power is out? Are you getting the winds already? Almost dead calm here...

The double barreled surface low turned out to be correct. The one over SNE is causing both a dry slot for that region and helping to enhance the precip over our area.

We actually have a decent amount of frontogenesis currently in the lower and mid-levels so I'm not surprised that things have trended a bit snowier for the Hudson Valley.

pchg.gif?1678801809496

857f.gif?1678801920234

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Winterweatherlover said:

Probably gonna need to either really pick up in intensity or last until after sundown to get anything in NYC. Right now not that optimistic. 

Obviously a different story north and west which could see several inches on the grass. 

Time to give up the ghost. This was never a snowstorm for NYC and it's looking bleak for Boston too.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

35 degrees and light snow but not really sticking here in New City. I just took a look at my local forecast and they are still calling for 4-6 when this is all said and done :violin:

What are you looking at for your temperature observations?

When I left Bardonia at 7:45 it was 33 degrees. Now my reading says 32 degrees.