Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 13-14th Nor'easter Threat

NJwx85

lol, 10 inches? Actual 0.00

Storm vista snowmaps are so severely overdone it’s laughable. Not even close to reality. This is a typical mid March daytime white rain storm south of Orange County. I’m expecting an inch or 2 on grassy surfaces here in Rockland l, not going to stick on roadways today

In the last twenty minutes I've dropped from 31 to 30 and the snow intensity has increased, which is leading to it sticking to pavement now.

Schools that chose to remain open might be in for a bit of backlash this morning.  Doesn't bother me personally, but with buses and student drivers, it creates a concern with the timing of this.

21 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Storm vista snowmaps are so severely overdone it’s laughable. Not even close to reality. This is a typical mid March daytime white rain storm south of Orange County. I’m expecting an inch or 2 on grassy surfaces here in Rockland l, not going to stick on roadways today

Of course not. Totals are for colder surfaces but still likely overdone. 

When I left home it was 33 degrees and mostly white rain.

When I hit Suffern on the Thruway it really picked up. I would say visibility was down to about 1/4 of a mile near the exit for Airmont. 

So far about 2" on non paved surfaces here in Ramsey. Car said 30 degrees, phone says 32 degrees. Either way, I think we're a touch colder than originally forecast. I think if this had fallen last night a lot more would have stuck.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Yep with some accumulations like the HRRR is showing 

Its kind of easy to see how this might just stall or move westerly just a bit,since its already happening..its gonna keep us in some gd stuff for a while. As of rn im getting a gd band over my area in the northern bx. Moderate snow 35/33..kind of windy as well..

• Weenie 1