Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 13-14th Nor'easter Threat

NJwx85

3 hours ago, Tatamy said:

This is their latest snow map.  I am not so sure about snow amounts of 6-10” as far south as I-78 (I am assuming that refers to places west of I287).  That might be a stretch.  In any case the map does do a good job of matching elevated areas to increased snow amounts.

ED4B6396-07F7-47D7-8F96-859DEA8DED6B.jpeg

uhm wow, there is no way my area in the Poconos is going to get 12-18 or even 8-12...... 6 inches would be good.

• Sad 1

Just now, LibertyBell said:

that's not that different from what I have for Long Island, I think they're a little excessive on NYC though, if Central Park gets half an inch consider that lucky.

It’s really something that we’ve had to hope, pray and cast spells to finally get to a wet noodle as the grand finale to this poor excuse for a winter.  I know that belongs in banter but I don’t care :underthewx:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just got back from catamount and it was snowing pretty good most of the day at the summit. Snow was pretty good. Halfway down it gets a little slushy but still fun conditions. I do think they will get the snow that they are modeled for. Once you get away from the coast this looks pretty good. If Metro North is running the wassaic branch tomorrow board a train and come on up. Mountains were snow capped! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, JustinRP37 said:

Just got back from catamount and it was snowing pretty good most of the day at the summit. Snow was pretty good. Halfway down it gets a little slushy but still fun conditions. I do think they will get the snow that they are modeled for. Once you get away from the coast this looks pretty good. If Metro North is running the wassaic branch tomorrow board a train and come on up. Mountains were snow capped! 

the northeast is morphing into the west coast lol.  We're going to evolve into a similar climate where snow is common in the mountains but very rare at the coast.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, LibertyBell said:

the northeast is morphing into the west coast lol.  We're going to evolve into a similar climate where snow is common in the mountains but very rare at the coast.

Unfortunately we don’t have the elevation for that of warmth prevails. Tack on another 5k in elevation and that could be the case. But it is pretty cool how Belleayre will now have had over 100 inches this season with this storm despite how god awful the winter was for most of us. Catamount did not get as lucky most of the year compared to the Catskills 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Snowlover11 said:

:lmao:

i spoke to soon, the gradient is so sharp, 10:1 (which isnt happening) puts me in white plains at 7.8" and the city at 1". The cut off looks like yonkers which i can see because there is a big drop in elevation when you hit the bronx, but still highly unlikely. just interesting to see the models inch towards a slightly more snowy outcome 12 hours away from the show

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JB_Wchstr said:

It’s really something that we’ve had to hope, pray and cast spells to finally get to a wet noodle as the grand finale to this poor excuse for a winter.  I know that belongs in banter but I don’t care :underthewx:

also: I hate the word "lull" they should just say nothing is happening for the next few hours, "lull" is like an excuse they give themselves....this is basically two different storms, the one tomorrow is the actual coastal.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

:wacko:  Don't think I've ever seen a warning followed by a prediction of 2-8 inches.

Action Recommended
Make preparations per the instructions
Issued By
Philadelphia - PA, US, National Weather Service
Affected Area
Sussex, Warren and Morris counties
Description
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM EDT TUESDAY...

WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 2 to 8 inches. Winds gusting as high as 40 mph.

WHERE...Sussex, Warren and Morris counties.

WHEN...Until 6 PM EDT Tuesday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

also: I hate the word "lull" they should just say nothing is happening for the next few hours, "lull" is like an excuse they give themselves....this is basically two different storms, the one tomorrow is the actual coastal.

yes, i concur 100% 

excellent point   

• Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, lee59 said:

Channel 7 talking a little more aggressive with potential snow totals after latest guidance shows heavy bands, especially north and east, and possibly to the coast.

Saw that too! I’m also realizing tomorrow is the last time we will see snow until next year! So I’ll take it!