• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
3/10 and beyond... all the waves threats

mappy

Things have to trend good now. If it falls apart this far out it won’t hurt enough. It has to get better and better until we actually believe, truly allow ourselves to think this is the one, it’s really finally happening, then and only then can it be the total soul crushing knock us to our knees and make us sob uncontrollably like March 2001 and December 2010 were a fun day at the park experience that is the only fitting way this can end. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 10
  • Weenie 1

Huge improvement 

There’s actually two periods to watch in the LR, and I’ll stress that it likely favors interior with all of them. We’re gonna need a little luck in coastal plain, but not impossible. This first event we’re tracking now and then possibly a front ender type if that event forms into 50/50. The pattern is gonna kill a lot of people because It’s happening when it is.

Check out this pattern at end of GFS lol, pain.

f7221d53039145a484f39e4e40944f8a.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 1

48 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Things have to trend good now. If it falls apart this far out it won’t hurt enough. It has to get better and better until we actually believe, truly allow ourselves to think this is the one, it’s really finally happening, then and only then can it be the total soul crushing knock us to our knees and make us sob uncontrollably like March 2001 and December 2010 were a fun day at the park experience that is the only fitting way this can end. 

Yeah I mean I don't know if any March has ever salvaged a winter of futility. After skimming through the snow records...I guess March 1942 comes the closest, lol BWI had 4.2 inches (hey look! 4x what we have now! :lol:)before that storm.

2 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

Euro is just over amplified. Typical bias at this range 

Shouldnt we expect a more amped storm towards the end of March though? Bottom line for me is there is a storm on all of the models in that timeframe. I would probably favor a more amped up storm over a southern slider at this time of year. Although this winter has done nothing but disappoint. 

12 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Shouldnt we expect a more amped storm towards the end of March though? Bottom line for me is there is a storm on all of the models in that timeframe. I would probably favor a more amped up storm over a southern slider at this time of year. Although this winter has done nothing but disappoint. 

The euro has been too amplified with most everything. It’s hard to quantify the March effect since we don’t necessarily know what the same wave looks like earlier. It’s already baked unto the models. The Gfs is under done. The euro over. That’s the most typical error at this range. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The euro has been too amplified with most everything. It’s hard to quantify the March effect since we don’t necessarily know what the same wave looks like earlier. It’s already baked unto the models. The Gfs is under done. The euro over. That’s the most typical error at this range. 

This is one of the waves that we need to keep an eye on. Euro phases this piece in, this helps build ridging ahead. GFS kind of pushes it farther SE. CMC is kind of in between. hopefully this piece speeds up on future guidance. Rather it get out ahead or roll across N of lakes in future runs

I’m really all in on this pattern, just shame it’s happening when it is

8fddddd50cb02ff671a8e2514814cc3d.jpg
a52fae1cf896fc21ac1734aa78d57e7e.jpg

• Like 5
  • Weenie 1

3 hours ago, Weather Will said:

Ask NY and BOS what could possibly go wrong, but it is nice to have something to track before we start looking for severe weather and tropical systems. It will be interesting to see if EPS improved like GEFS.

It’s 8 days away. Plenty can go wrong 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic