Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/10 and beyond... all the waves threats

mappy

9 hours ago, Heisy said:

This is most likely the last reasonable chance at anything, unfortunately today went the wrong way. Long way to go though

Not really. It's Spring lol.

We are 0-fer the entire winter. It really is over, but we just refuse to accept it till it's mid April or something.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, CAPE said:

We are 0-fer the entire winter. It really is over, but we just refuse to accept it till is mid April or something.

He’s in NE PA.  Over is a gradually spreading south to north wave right.  Maine has a lotta more. 

Just now, CAPE said:

Philly. It sucks ass there too. Either way, anyone posting in this sub gets lumped in with the rest of us snow losers.

Can’t argue that.  My best event was today because I saw it snow during the day.  it stuck to some trees for 8 minutes.  

• Like 3

Confluence pattern got worst just like the OP euro. 2023 things. I couldn’t chase either of the Buffalo events this year and it looks like I won’t be able to get up to W MA or Catskills for tomorrow. This has been the worst winter of my life. I think 2001-02 actually had accumulating snow here. Hopefully 23-24 has an Early December event like 02-03 had heh.

Same here man. 1” of snow for the year IMBY is the worst season I’ve ever experienced. I’m a New Yorker (grew up in the Hudson valley and went to college in Buffalo) so I’m used to down seasons at least having a few minor events to hang my hat on. 2015 has been the only good winter since I moved to Maryland - which happens to be the same year I moved down here.

What makes it worse is the number of chances that failed. If it was wall to wall torch with 50-70+ temps,I would have been less miserable than tracking the mirage of threats we saw all winter (I know the pattern sucked most of the season but still) Precisely why I traveled to NY for 2 previous storms (Saratoga springs and Schenectady) and will be again for the Tuesday - Wednesday storm. It still sucks to not see snow at home, but it definitely helps the weenie soul to travel and experience a good storm in person.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Chris78 said:

I agree it's ovah. 

Just not our year.

Hard to accept sometimes

I mean there is still a chance over the next 10 days or so. Like 5%. We have momentum for complete futility though. No reason to think fortunes will change heading towards April lol.

We are 0-fer the entire winter. It really is over, but we just refuse to accept it till is mid April or something.

Yea I just added that last sentence to not seem as pessimistic as I actually am. In all reality I’m over the cliff.

I’m from Bensalem few miles NE of Philly….

Can see the bad trend with confluence on the ensemble as well.

f2e796c47e29430b3a0523539914784e.jpg

7 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I mean there is still a chance over the next 10 days or so. Like 5%. We have momentum for complete futility though. No reason to think fortunes will change heading towards April lol.

I just can't believe it got THIS bad--so bad we can't even get 1 inch. I mean 140 years of records and we are about to see the lowest! Mercy...can we buy an inch? Lol

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Heisy said:

Yea I just added that last sentence to not seem as pessimistic as I actually am. In all reality I’m over the cliff.

I’m from Bensalem few miles NE of Philly….

Can see the bad trend with confluence on the ensemble as well.

f2e796c47e29430b3a0523539914784e.jpg

I’m right around the corner from you in Levittown 

• Like 1

GFS is either struggling to sort through its multi low depiction, or a lot of folks up north may be disappointed come Tuesday. Not sure I’ve ever seen models struggle so hard to find consensus under 24 hours. The spread among models is pretty wild at such short range.

NAM has honestly been a joke this season. Showed 20” at 18z for places just NW of NYC and took it all away one run later. It’s 3k and 12k depictions are also worlds apart.

7 minutes ago, jayyy said:

GFS is either struggling to sort through its multi low depiction, or a lot of folks up north may be disappointed come Tuesday. Not sure I’ve ever seen models struggle so hard to find consensus under 24 hours. The spread among models is pretty wild at such short range.

NAM has honestly been a joke this season. Showed 20” at 18z for places just NW of NYC and took it all away one run later. It’s 3k and 12k depictions are also worlds apart.

Not sure there is ever a case to pay much attention to the 12km NAM.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Wonderdog said:

6z GFS run has a nice looking coastal snowstorm on the 22nd but the Western ridge looks somewhat flat. Period to watch anyway. 

What makes it work is constructive rather than destructive NS interaction. Good timing/location with the vorticity lobe sliding across southern Hudson Bay- creates some nice confluence and enhances surface HP in a favorable location.

1679400000-HukixZWyinw.png

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic