Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
3/10 and beyond... all the waves threats

mappy

Just now, osfan24 said:

Realllyyy wish we could find a way to get that Monday/Tuesday deal cranking sooner. The low develops pretty far south down the coast but it just takes forever to really bomb out. Just too far north by the time it goes crazy.

Need the upper low to dig more for that to happen. 

13 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Any shot at that or should I just mail it in and hope for the best with wave 3?

Stranger things have happened BUT the euro is the only model really close and it has a tendency to over amplify in the medium range.  Also these NS dominant miller b systems have a history of developing later not earlier.  Some of NYCs biggest busts ever were when they were expecting a big snow from one of these and it trended north.  It happens to then too we just don’t care when it does lol. If I had to put money on it, it’s actually more likely to trend the wrong way imo.  But I’m wrong sometimes and it’s not no chance. I’m just not holding my breath. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I spent last weeks first snow up at Resorts World in Monticello to enjoy some snow. If the euro depiction is right, I’ll be headed back. I have nice comped rooms if anyone wishes to partake. 

It really does help ease the pain we’ve felt all winter long. Experienced a 10” storm in Saratoga springs and a foot in Schenectady and it was 100% worth it. Nothing quite like getting shellacked at home, but close enough. Especially up in the mountains.

I 64f079f16c5e059587e594d54e4cbae1.jpg

The ultimate kick in the testicles for our area if this pans out. Good fucking lord. 10:1 ratios not going to occur but still…. Second run in a row NYC to Boston gets absolutely buried. Euro isn’t far off just warmer. GFS is the outlier versus globals showing an interior special. I hate this hobby. NY, here I come.

Max: 46.9 (likely way overblown but wow)

1 hour ago, jayyy said:

I 64f079f16c5e059587e594d54e4cbae1.jpg

The ultimate kick in the testicles for our area if this pans out. Good fucking lord. 10:1 ratios not going to occur but still…. Second run in a row NYC to Boston gets absolutely buried. Euro isn’t far off just warmer. GFS is the outlier versus globals showing an interior special. I hate this hobby. NY, here I come.

Max: 46.9 (likely way overblown but wow)

Yeah I hope not...but this would be a typical nina March result, tbh I almost expect a 2018 redux but who knows. (But hey, at least this miss wouldn't be because it's too warm for no reason, lol)

4 hours ago, MDstorm said:

0Z Euro heard your soft cries and responded somewhat.  Now cry louder!   :lmao:

30 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Wave 2 looks close on the Euro but still needs more work. Wave 3 looks like we might need to jump over to the severe weather thread. :(

Across most guidance (Gfs is kinda on its own) we got about half the trend we would need to get a big snow into at least the northeast half of our region.  That’s good. 

But some caution…we need a trend against the typical correction to Continue .  And as it gets closer continues trends become less likely.  Additionally the euro ukmet and NAM have a nasty history of being over amplified too quickly with these type storms. That combo has authored done massive head fake busts on miller B late developers over the years.  And they are the models that are actually closest so we might need more than we think. Guess that’s a long winded way of saying that while I think the Gfs is way too underdone history suggests some degree of compromise is most likely and that won’t work for us. I’d actually be nervous about that if I was in places like NE PA or NJ that are expecting a massive snow but are close to the western edge and ignoring the Gfs.

The last 24 hours got us back in the game. But it’s like we were down 28-0 at halftime and now we’re down 28-14 going into the 4th. We have a shot now but we’re still down and time is running out. 

• Like 5

Essentially the only thing giving me a smidge of hope here in the Lehigh Valley, SEPA, is that some half decent Mets on Twitter aren’t immediately discounting the EURO despite its bias. Other then that not much to cling to at this point 

If NYC-CT got a 30+ inch storm like the ukie depicted, I wouldn’t be upset about that. I actually would be very excited because if they can get that, we can, too. We just need minor 100-200 mile adjustments in a global wave pattern that are more likely to come to fruition in a bona fide nino. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic