• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 11th storm threat

Rjay

With the temperature likely to remain at or above 35° throughout the precipitation event tonight and tomorrow in New York City, historical odds support growing model support for less than 1" of snow in Central Park. Almost three-quarters of events with a minimum temperature of 35° or above (n=23 from 1869-present), saw less than 1" of snow. My thinking remains 0.5" or less for New York City and Newark with a risk that either or both cities could see no measurable snowfall whatsoever.

image.png.9637abb2c84793187927802637cd32cf.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tatamy said:

Snow levels out in the Poconos near Stroudsburg look to be about 800 - 900 feet currently.  Not sure what they are at in NW NJ.

I'm in NE Sussex county at an elevation of 1200'. All but paved surfaces have become white. Steady snow, occasionally moderate falling. Temp is 33.2°

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sussexcountyobs said:

I'm in NE Sussex county at an elevation of 1200'. All but paved surfaces have become white. Steady snow, occasionally moderate falling. Temp is 33.2°

Snow levels out by you are fairly similar. The expectation is that they will drop slowly through the overnight especially near and north of I80.  If this plays out areas closer to the coast will see snow starting to mix in towards the morning.