• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The last hurrah? Putting all the eggs in the Tuesday 3/14 basket

Ginx snewx

I'm kind of surprised. I still have Hartford county at a winter storm watch. I know they're waiting to see what the model show today and if there's going to be enough cold air to bring snow down to the valley. I'm in such an odd spot right on the west side of where valley meets the hills, as I'm up on a hill about 500 ft.

Looking at the latest model outputs some of the bigger guys, I think we'll see at least 6 in which should warrant a winter storm warning. This has been the toughest thing I've ever seen and the most erratic models I've ever seen in all the years of being a weather enthusiast

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

GFS looks better around here.

I have so little confidence in any forecast at the moment. The goalposts have drastic changes to forecast.

0z runs NAM-Euro-GFS just 12 hours ago were probably the best solutions in days for your area and a good chunk of eastern SNE... here's hoping we trend back to that later today. 3k NAM and GFS hint that it's still on the table. 

Not sure what to make of the 6z-Euro-12z RGEM running this so far inland with mostly rain for us. That's a pretty discontinuous jump, but not totally unrealistic.

5 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

How so?

Ryan, I think he means for more of the areas not in the Northwest hills more towards the valley, but not quite the river itself. Some of these latest model runs are definitely showing more snow for areas even outside of the Northwest hills. Never seen anything like this.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

19 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

I'm kind of surprised. I still have Hartford county at a winter storm watch. I know they're waiting to see what the model show today and if there's going to be enough cold air to bring snow down to the valley. I'm in such an odd spot right on the west side of where valley meets the hills, as I'm up on a hill about 500 ft.

Looking at the latest model outputs some of the bigger guys, I think we'll see at least 6 in which should warrant a winter storm warning. This has been the toughest thing I've ever seen and the most erratic models I've ever seen in all the years of being a weather enthusiast

I think they're probably waiting to see exactly what we just have seen in the last hour. It'll be interesting to see if they pull the trigger on anything in the next couple hours, or wait till this evening. After what I'm seeing recently I'm pretty confident for a decent amount of snow up in this area

• Like 1