• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The last hurrah? Putting all the eggs in the Tuesday 3/14 basket

Ginx snewx

Most of Stein’s viewing area is looking fairly warm for snow at the moment. ORH county which he did mention is the biggest exception. 

If EPS mean is close to reality though, then there would be quite a bit more snow inside of 495 than he’s implying. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, crownweather said:

Scratching my head at this tweet.  Hmmm.... 

This scenario is so marginal that a 1/2 deg variation would certainly make that a valid case ..and since it can't be excluded from happening at this range and all considerations notwithstanding, it's a valid take.

He did say, '...may change'

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

1CFA59FB-7626-4EFB-803B-088B6ADE5674.png

CA7DBBD4-726A-40E7-9DD6-728DAFBBDDAF.png
loop of last few runs below 

010458E3-376A-4134-9288-9CB2C2916F51.gif

AEACD39A-F7E3-4CEB-A4E3-B79CBD5DB8EC.gif

Those are four runs in a row. And in general, they're pretty consistent to be right around. The elbow were just east of the elbow. Elbow. I would be very very surprised if the low actually came up into Connecticut. I just would be baffled if that happened. Went out three days out. I guess we'll find out by tomorrow's runs, but I'm feeling fairly comfortable for at least hearing Connecticut that will see some good snows out of this. This. I'm west of the river about 14 miles... I Think we're in a good zone as long as the storm stays by the cape.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Most of Stein’s viewing area is looking fairly warm for snow at the moment. ORH county which he did mention is the biggest exception. 

If EPS mean is close to reality though, then there would be quite a bit more snow inside of 495 than he’s implying. 

Methinks significant snows will be relegated to outside of 290/190.  At least at this juncture.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Methinks significant snows will be relegated to outside of 290/190.  At least at this juncture.

Yeah leaning against it for us for now....I think it starts to look pretty good around ORH though and points north and west. If we can converge more on an elbow track, then I'll get pretty bullish for us near 495 and back into interior NW RI and into NE CT.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah leaning against it for us for now....I think it starts to look pretty good around ORH though and points north and west. If we can converge more on an elbow track, then I'll get pretty bullish for us near 495 and back into interior NW RI and into NE CT.

I’m Feeling good in this area up to ORH. Solid snowstorm 

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

NAM is slow but at 84 hours you can see the tug.

B53693E3-F947-4597-8165-BCBC55BBCFE3.png

Much slower with N stream than GFS though, which means we'd prob not tug it back NW completely until it's a lot further east than GFS was. So I think the NAM would be good for many....hard to say exactly, but it's clown range NAM, so kind of moot.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Much slower with N stream than GFS though, which means we'd prob not tug it back NW completely until it's a lot further east than GFS was. So I think the NAM would be good for many....hard to say exactly, but it's clown range NAM, so kind of moot.

It is hard to hate this, you're digging the trough into WV now and subsequently building heights a bit north of Maine.  Clown range, but hopefully a good sign 

image.png.885b584f85bde653b054d7dc57c44529.png