Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 9-10 Winter Storm

madwx

9 minutes ago, OrdIowPitMsp said:

Looks like MPX isn’t messing around with a WSW already posted for 4-7” meanwhile the graphic shows 6-12” 

call me surprised. By March in 2014,here, I feel like the NWS basically gave up on watch/warning issuances as the public was somewhat numb.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Stebo said:

Yeah I think this has the potential to hit most of us. The 00z gfs and gem both have a nice everyone is a winner event. With the NAO/AO  slightly negative and the pna slightly positive this favors a flatter pattern to slight eastern US troughing. 

I remember long ago when it would snow at ORD but not DTW

• Haha 2

Looks like MPX isn’t messing around with a WSW already posted for 4-7” meanwhile the graphic shows 6-12” 

I’m not overly excited. Snow amounts are trending lower across the board. The Euro has a mid tier WWA type snowstorm. Gfs and nam are borderline warning amounts from what I’ve seen the last couple runs.

2 minutes ago, mnchaserguy said:

I’m not overly excited. Snow amounts are trending lower across the board. The Euro has a mid tier WWA type snowstorm. Gfs and nam are borderline warning amounts from what I’ve seen the last couple runs.

I’ve got an 8am flight Thursday so a weaker storm is fine by me. I just want us to break the seasonal snow record. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigHoss48192 said:

Right?  With the last major ice event in SEMI, a HUGE oak tree limb came down on my father-in-law's roof, tore up the roof/gutters and ripped the power line riser and meter box right off the back of his house, draping his power line across his back yard for almost a week.  He just got it fixed and this past Fri/Sat's slushfest ripped the riser/box back off of his house again, dropping the wire across his yard for a 2nd time.  The poor guy can't catch a break.

Damn that’s not good to hear but one of many stories I’m hearing right now. I feel for those that were out a second time. Only benefit this go around is wind will be less but on the contrary more wet accumulation past a certain point is not good either. Wyandotte electric excluded, DTE apperently going to spend a couple bill more over the next 5 years. If I get my overtime back I’ll know that they are serious about maintenance 

18 minutes ago, A-L-E-K said:

probanly for the best taking care of all weak limbs and trees before the great michigan derecho of 2023 hits later this summer

:yikes: That’s a thought I’m sure a lot of us over here have. Lakes will probably be warmer then average and one serious round of storms during the evening will definitely cause issues. Also we are overdue for a big derecho. I remember being a kid during the 99,04 derechos was gnarly experience. Some other great storms have come thru but nothing of the caliber of those storms if I remember correctly in terms of forward propagating mcs or mcv

might be the first real spread the wealth event that includes the Iowa/N. IL/N. IN/N. Ohio trek all winter minus the pre Christmas Arctic wave. Shame ratios will be pretty rough. But based on 12Z runs time to get invested.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Baum said:

might be the first real spread the wealth event that includes the Iowa/N. IL/N. IN/N. Ohio trek all winter minus the pre Christmas Arctic wave. Shame ratios will be pretty rough. But based on 12Z runs time to get invested.

If we get that clipper behind it to wring out an inch or something this would be basically the only snowy stretch of the winter no? As in multiple snowfalls in semi close order?

Having this snow fall mostly during overnight hours should help a bit with accumulations.
Obviously intense rates overcome even April sun, but nighttime will definitely help since you don't need sustained heavy rates to accumulate efficiently.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, RCNYILWX said:

Obviously intense rates overcome even April sun, but nighttime will definitely help since you don't need sustained heavy rates to accumulate efficiently.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Personally I am hoping this can start before sunrise for this very reason.

• Like 1