Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England Met Spring 2023 Banter

Baroclinic Zone

57 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

$3.50 for a medium iced coffee that has a 50/50 chance at being terrible and a 0% chance at being excellent is madness.  

I still cave on occasion though.   

Are you one of those coffee zombies, who lines up in a 20 car que for a shit drink, all while fu.cking up the surrounding traffic every morning?

...Right at the off ramp to work there is a Dunkin in the worst possible location.  People be pulling off, half in the grass, and half in the street, running in to the store. Next to them is the line of cars at the drive through that backs out into the street, blocking everyone.  All for that daily rush to grab some sh.itty, coffee(well, what was once a "coffee", since it is now polluted with 2 days daily allowance of sugar), a bear claw and maybe a box of Munchkins...800+ calories in the body before 8am.  

As I exit the ramp, I find my self mumbling under my breath..."The f.ucking donut and coffee zombies"

• Haha 4

Just now, Cold Miser said:

Are you one of those coffee zombies, who lines up in a 20 car que for a shit drink, all while fu.cking up the surrounding traffic every morning?

...Right at the off ramp to work there is a Dunkin in the worst possible location.  People be pulling off, half in the grass, and half in the street, running in to the store. Next to them is the line of cars at the drive through that backs out into the street, blocking everyone.  All for that daily rush to grab some sh.itty, coffee drink(well, what was once a "coffee drink", since it is now polluted with 2 days daily allowance of sugar), a bear claw and maybe a box of Munchkins...800+ calories in the body before 8am.  

As I exit the ramp, I find my self mumbling under my breath..."The f.ucking donut and coffee zombies"

On occasion (maybe once per week or every other week) I will preorder one from the one near my work.  On a not so busy street near a gravel quarry. At that time of day there is maybe one or two cars there.  Usually none.   

95% of my coffee come from my home machine.  One cup per day. Sometimes an afternoon one.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

That's why I said talk to Whitinsville or Jerry who have been around this stuff. Whitinsville was directly involved.

Whitinsville had a bunch of good info when we had that mega thread going.  
I have old friends who work at some of the bigger players (Pfizer and Moderna) who were involved at the beginning of this.  Smart people

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Getting medical advice from a weather forum (or twitter etc) seems illogical, but what do I know.  

I mean these are facts , not advice 

The companies pivoted to vaccines because of the fewer shots needed , because severe toxicity effects from the MRNA delivery system kept occurring with frequent dosages used to treat diseases . 

So again , the pandemic opened the door for this new technology to see “prime time” . It was fast tracked “operation warp speed” and that allowed new technology with previous  Serious toxicity issues to bypass long term safety studies Due to emergency of the pandemic (and short term studies where 2  dosages didn’t have toxicity issues )and the companies liabilities were waived . 

I don’t need Jerry or whittansville wx to look up basic facts , it’s not advice either . 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The Covid nutcases and vax lunatics and mask wearers. Just all so laughable. All for a fake virus. It’s absolutely a comedy show . Poisoning their bodies with chemicals 

13 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I didn’t realize Covid was still a thing . I work in a affluent democratic suburb just west of Boston and maybe 2 people wear a mask out of one hundred

. Last year some would openly talk about getting their n’th booster . It seems to me most have realized , with all respect to them..(because I really like these folks )  that the booster “drive“  was a aggressive ** display of corporate marketing levered via  various media to leverage opinion shaping to boost revenue** .

It’s basic capitalism in this day and age and if corporates didn’t push this (As much as govt and regulators allow)  , they would lose value and their jobs  . It is what it is , it’s part of human nature and *always* will be . Doesn’t mean people getting jabs will have xyz happening (like the other “side”) likes to say, but the risks do seem to increase the more jabs one receives and there are enough unknowns regarding long term data.  

13 hours ago, powderfreak said:

I’m not sure why my mind went here but this sums up why people are so divided on every little thing. Should be able to just say it’s laughable and a comedy show to get a point across… but we all love to make sure people we don’t agree with are labeled something further, like nutcases and lunatics.  And we see it everywhere now, even Presidents.

Although everyone has a bit of crazy in them, just shines through in different ways.

15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That's why I said talk to Whitinsville or Jerry who have been around this stuff. Whitinsville was directly involved.

This guy though...

13 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I mean these are facts , not advice 

The companies pivoted to vaccines because of the fewer shots needed , because severe toxicity effects from the MRNA delivery system kept occurring with frequent dosages used to treat diseases . 

So again , the pandemic opened the door for this new technology to see “prime time” . It was fast tracked “operation warp speed” and that allowed new technology with previous  Serious toxicity issues to bypass long term safety studies Due to emergency of the pandemic (and short term studies where 2  dosages didn’t have toxicity issues )and the companies liabilities were waived . 

I don’t need Jerry or whittansville wx to look up basic facts , it’s not advice either . 

How about some links from reputable sources to back up your claims.  I haven't heard of this pivoting before.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, wkd said:

How about some links from reputable sources to back up your claims.  I haven't heard of this pivoting before.

It’s certainly not a secret in the least Within the industry 

https://www.statnews.com/2020/11/10/the-story-of-mrna-how-a-once-dismissed-idea-became-a-leading-technology-in-the-covid-vaccine-race/

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

If you look at the companies Elon Musk has Developed , Tesla / Space X / Open A.I (before resigning over concerns ) the guy is in another league . 

He has had some big successes taking big risks. 
I’m not sure if his Boring Company will ever bear fruit (is it even still doing anything?) but I do like what some of his gambles have achieved. 

47 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

On occasion (maybe once per week or every other week) I will preorder one from the one near my work.  On a not so busy street near a gravel quarry. At that time of day there is maybe one or two cars there.  Usually none.   

95% of my coffee come from my home machine.  One cup per day. Sometimes an afternoon one.   

More than 95% for me, and it's almost always hot DD hazelnut, black - usually 2 cups/day.  The few times I buy at the store, it's usually quicker to park and go inside than to pollute the air while waiting in line.  :D

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

He has had some big successes taking big risks. 
I’m not sure if his Boring Company will ever bear fruit (is it even still doing anything?) but I do like what some of his gambles have achieved. 

Boring company ? No clue ..

He also has Neuralink which is quite dystopian. The monkey moving the video game object with its mind and not a remote .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Interesting . I see what it’s trying to do ..but I would have my questions regarding its Structural safety when stress tested by ...nature 

Yeah. Lots of Vegas projects too. Dude is obsessed with Vegas. 

I was getting claustrophobic watching this video. 
Also, each of those Tesla's in the tunnel has it's own driver. Seems somewhat counter intuitive, but that may be for now, with future plans for self driving vehicles.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cold Miser said:

...Right at the off ramp to work there is a Dunkin in the worst possible location.  People be pulling off, half in the grass, and half in the street, running in to the store. Next to them is the line of cars at the drive through that backs out into the street, blocking everyone.  All for that daily rush to grab some sh.itty, coffee(well, what was once a "coffee", since it is now polluted with 2 days daily allowance of sugar), a bear claw and maybe a box of Munchkins...800+ calories in the body before 8am.  

That is funny. There's a DD in Webster, we drove by it one Saturday and the line was blocking a road, my wife said it's worse during the work week. There's a simple way around the blocked road but I had to laugh at your description of your experience.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

That is funny. There's a DD in Webster, we drove by it one Saturday and the line was blocking a road, my wife said it's worse during the work week. There's a simple way around the blocked road but I had to laugh at your description of your experience.

The people are in a complete coffee induced fog, unaware of any of their surroundings while honed in to get that drink.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cold Miser said:

Also, each of those Tesla's in the tunnel has it's own driver. Seems somewhat counter intuitive, but that may be for now, with future plans for self driving vehicles.

I hadn’t paid any attention to the company prior . Cool link . I see he was inspired by traffic..to just start digging aka to bore 

2 hours ago, Cold Miser said:

Don't think I could drive in that, I get anxiety driving through the tunnel to get to Logan.

• Haha 2

DD used to be better.  The consistency was pretty good. Now its a crap shoot. Depends if there some Jagoff making the coffee and burning the shyte out of it or not. The donuts suck because they aren't made local anymore. One or 2 centralized bakeries and they are shipped out. , Blech!

On the mRNA vax, one thing I really neglected taking into account and that's everyone's efficiency at making the spike protein antigen is probably different. So while everyone got the same dose of mRNA, the ability of the person to make more or less spike is different.  People who make too much can absolutely have deleterious side effects. And the virus mutates to damn fast. Nobody saw that either. I still believe in the technology, but a respiratory virus has never been easy to vax for, so I'm not sure this was the best test of how well and mRNA vax works. It's edemic in the population now. It'll be here forever. Get on with life. 

And we have a guy that works the front desk at work and he wears a duckbill N95 everyday for the last 3 years. They'll bury him with it I'm sure. And he's had covid twice. Go figure.

Top 10 spring day here in Whitinsville today, IMO

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1