Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 4 2023 Storm Obs

MaineJayhawk

2 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

If you don’t mind another question for me, what’s going on around Albany? It does look like there’s another round coming of some. Perhaps heavier snow down there quarter mile moderate snow we’re getting now.

Well you have the upper low moving through there now, but ALB also has unique local effects like Mohawk Valley convergence. You have north winds at ALB, east winds off the Taconics, and west winds down the Mohawk Valley. That can enhanced their snowfall on the trailing end of systems like this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

RAP handling it pretty well. Just kind of melts the lift east over the next few hours. Best rates should be just on the cold side of this (since lift it probably maxed above this level). 

download.png?width=590&height=590&fit=bo

Funny enough I'm in a decent spot in Falmouth for a short happy ending. Give me a coating I'll be happy. 

• Weenie 2

6 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Got 6” in Nashua now . That is with one clearing around 7am off the ole car top.

roads are accumulating again , looks like metro NW is actually pounding and again up by Amesbury last two hours 

Just hit 6" here too on deck without clearing 

• Like 2

Pee run at 7:45 showed maybe 2 inches and I couldn’t tell if anything was falling but whatever it may have been it wasn’t snow.   Woke up about 20 minutes ago almost as of I have a weenie snow alarm internally.  Now snowing nicely and accumulating on pavement.  Time for put up or shut up with CCB.

• Like 1

Passing 9" here, slight chance the 6-12 forecast busts low, still 26-27° with mod/hvy snow. 
Stupid gray squirrel tried again, unsuccessfully, to access the bird feeders by launching from 8-9 feet above the pully system, probably at first light when there was an inch or less new.  It did manage to dislodge the spreader, so the feeders were hanging almost 3 feet below the upper line.  I shoveled a square meter without finding the thing; it likely got catapulted well away from being below the feeders.  Stole a spreader from the clothespin bag, will see the first one sometime weeks later.

Edit: That clip from NS showed sideways snow, lots more wind than here.

49 minutes ago, Chris12WX said:

Been ripping pretty good for last little while. Going to test structural integrity of pines again?

Pretty saggy here. Had some good gusts around 7 that knocked some off, but since winds went north its been pretty calm and stacking up again. 

• Like 1