• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Impressive signal is just beginning emerge in actual guidance, Mar 10 -15th...

Typhoon Tip

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’m not folding for WOR though, especially inland. Pattern looks loaded with chances but yea I get…it’s just that…until it materializes. 

I know this system overnight tonight was never going to be big, 3-5 inches if we were lucky.....but it started out north of us and see where it has landed, the block means business. I will assume most gets suppressed until the block begins to fade. Then we need something timed well or it will end up to our NW with the permanent troughiness in the west

26 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Nothing is off the table. The big dog look was never gonna hold for 7 days lol. I don’t understand some folks logic?

This could still be a big dog. The ingredients are there. Or it could be not much/mediocre at best.

Lots of moving pieces to resolve. We’ve warned folks about just this occurring, but yet the same shit happens every single threat.  

Sut back and watch the model theater..that’s the best advice. Lots of twists and turns to come. 

To be objective, some of the truly historic storms guidance has latched on to at early leads and hasn’t let go. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Kitz Craver said:

To be objective, some of the truly historic storms guidance has latched on to at early leads and hasn’t let go. 

It's not uncommon for a major signal to fade in the medium range only return with a vengeance, but I'm just leery of the seasonal trend with respect to western heights. Been impossible to reverse once it sets in...otherwise, I would still favor this period a something very noteworthy. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm in a meeting at work and can't really look but did steal a glimpse at the ICON ( which I have not faith in as a modeling tool but fwiw -) and the 500mb for the first of the two is every bit a realization as can be, with a slowing deepening pseudo cutoff below 530 dm, in an utterly perfect climate location to pummel NYC-BOS.

whether the sfc concurs and other synoptic aspects ...no idea

Oh yeah… I can just cheat on my phone 

Anyway, I don’t really have a lot of faith in the icon as I’m sure nobody else does, but it would be amusing if it of all models were the one that kind of detect the reality on potentiality here   

Anyway, we’re just ping-ponging conversation tidbits about the modeling cinema describing whether we like or didn’t like the movie and who’s performances we think we’re better than others, and how well the writing the cinematography and all that shit went down. Lol.  In that metaphoric neon, I would say that the 500 mbar was brilliantly written, but the acting at the surface leaves something to be desired.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

LOL I know your stance. It’s all good. 

Yup… See…? All you need is one good model run and “it’s all good“

I like Gasper’s statement, the sports columnist when he said “winning is the best deodorant”

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Kitz Craver said:

Super rare for it not to vary a lot over a weeks time. Many big ones have faded, and went to garbage in the midterm…not uncommon at all. In fact more common than not. 

12 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Anyway, we’re just ping-ponging conversation tidbits about the modeling cinema describing whether we like or didn’t like the movie and who’s performances we think we’re better than others, and how well the writing the cinematography and all that shit went down. Lol.  In that metaphoric neon, I would say that the 500 mbar was brilliantly written, but the acting at the surface leaves something to be desired.

I'm a lot more interested in H5 than the sfc presentation at the moment anyway....we know how the skill degrades on model guidance as we go toward the sfc...esp further out in time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

since moving up to Winsted from Waterbury in 13, we've had 4 seasons below 50", avg here dating back before 1900, is 83" but the avg since I've been here is 60", and that's including 3 above average winters...if I exclude 15-16, 18-19, 19-20, and 20-21, it's right at avg. That said, I need 8" more down the stretch to beat 15-16,  19-20, 1898-99, and 1912-13, as the bottom dwelling winters, sorry for the winded post, but in short, I think it's achievable by the looks of things

• Like 2