• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Impressive signal is just beginning emerge in actual guidance, Mar 10 -15th...

Typhoon Tip

Taking a closer look, yeah the air mass is good enough especially if we get a benchmark or just inside benchmark track, just off the coast.  I'm more speaking to my area, I'd prefer the BM as the furthest west position, but that is no honestly no different than most coastals here . let's go

• Like 1

Yeah, nobody is saying we are going to get a blizzard or anything crazy like that. We are just acknowledging that things are looking more favorable than a couple days ago with more guidance showing Miller B redevelopment. It won’t be a blizzard, but a moderate snow is in the cards. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, George001 said:

Yeah, nobody is saying we are going to get a blizzard or anything crazy like that. We are just acknowledging that things are looking more favorable than a couple days ago with more guidance showing Miller B redevelopment. It won’t be a blizzard, but a moderate snow is in the cards. 

I'm sorry but everything is still in the cards. Doesn't mean we get the right card though. 

12 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

It's a little hard to see, but the pattern in the bottom right is higher pressure off the coast and lower over the Upper Midwest. This is the EPS, but the GEFS suggest the same theme. Higher PNA heights and lower heights downstream of the trof result in lower pressures off the coast (in this example we what the opposite of what is shown in the reds and blues).

eps_hght_v168_f168_t4LCCKAn9guJK2uF1B7Ee

I mean just by observing the deltas between runs of the respective models, I've (personally) been seeing sensitivity related to the ridge response immediately aft of the trough ejection out of the west. 

When those surge more, there appears to be more momentum --> E, wrt the larger-scaled total (RW) wave space layout; the whole structure then finds the teleconnection coupled negative, that is in the process ( spacial-temporally) of passing through the ~ 90W longitude. That negative which is SE of the west fading middle Canadian 500 mb positive anomaly - timed well. 

And viola! the amplitude emerges there - if we go back and look at the oper. EC runs, those that did attempt the early polarward commitment ( about 4 runs ago) the ridge was depicting flatter along the backside of the ejection.  It's really been pretty much 1::1.

I suggest there is argument (valid) for needing accurate assessing wrt the larger scaled d(PNA), its relay into western N/A and the transitive forcing to play into over eastern N/A. 

This has been more evident in the ensemble means of all three, too.  But, it is also evident in those op. Euro runs that came back E vs W with the amplitude. 

I'm really impressed by this clustering by the EPS...  that is pure M/A bomb right there.  There is a mode on the west side, and 2ndary depth mode that is deeper than the operational.   Ha, just to point it out for fun...there 94x mb 150 mi E of Cape May.

eps_lowlocs_us_30.png

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, George001 said:

Basically anything is on the table and any precip type 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

caving is an understatement

ezgif-1-6a05497ba5.thumb.gif.bc3e15c550170215f156114eba282f55.gif

It's really truly remarkable how brilliant this signal has become... even since starting this thread - it's only become more so...

It really feels like we're forecasting the 2ndary wave function?  -the non-linearity of it is that it is immensely implied, but is just not explicitly described. 

It's really like we have a high confidence forecast that the forecast will eventually have to be made - f'ing fascinating!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It's really truly remarkable how brilliant this signal has become... even since starting this thread - it's only become more so...

It really feels like we're forecasting the 2ndary wave function?  -the non-linearity of it is that it is immensely implied, but is just not explicitly described. 

It's really like we have a high confidence forecast that the forecast will eventually have to be made - f'ing fascinating!

if we can get that ULL sitting over BC to buckle and interact with the ULL in the Pacific and buckle the PNA... would be explosive. that's pretty much what the ECMWF did

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Interesting thing about the gfs is it amps up the wave behind it and turns it into a strong storm just a couple days after the 1st wave whiffs. That second threat is still within the timeframe given for this thread too.

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Good to see the gfs fold

are we back to liking the euro 

well ...it's a bit of an off-topic but I for one haven't lost any faith in the Euro yet.  I'm still seeing subtleties and nuances that make it more valid than all other models.  I still raise an eyebrow just as much as I ever have when it's crossing from D5 into D4s.

I suspect some of it's performance  being obscured by the din of over zealous nit-picking in this particular public opinion contributors.  - an opinion, that is highly guided by the superficial specters of 'showing solutions' that aren't as entertaining. 

I mean there's a little gaslight there ( sounding ) but it's an honest opinion.  This last system?  I completely give it pass on the fact that that it was west-north of the GFS at D5 ... because a, it was correcting at the time.  But more important, b ... it proved more right with where the better snows and cold ended up aligning.  That's the nuance part.  The storms over...no apologies conferred.  I wonder why, gee.

I don't think it has done enough terribly wrong to warrant what's been going on with that model lately.  Just sayn - I don't.

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I’m not sure where the “spiking the football” narrative is coming from.

From one guy who likes to “meh” everything. If it’s not dominating threads for weeks with questions about a specific weekend at a specific resort area, he’s trying to downplay an poo poo all talk of possible future snow events. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3