• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Impressive signal is just beginning emerge in actual guidance, Mar 10 -15th...

Typhoon Tip

5 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Very, very unlikely to happen but the EPS gives us some hope.

That's probably the best Day 7 EPS I've seen all season 

Yup so far the gfs has had the mid-long range weenie vision and anything that came to fruition saw the eps slowly caving.  Maybe we flip the script on this one?  Hope so

10 minutes ago, Kitz Craver said:

6z GFS plowing this thing up into Minnesota and trying for a handoff over Michigan LOL. Basically Cuts to frontal passage. Looked as if it was starting to cave 0z last night, but doubles down this morning on burying it 

nah, it was improved. not much change in sensible weather, but it was a step in the right direction

ezgif-4-2128f61333.thumb.gif.bdd1d8204b44998450e9f92371c01045.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SouthCoastMA said:

The 973mb SE of the benchmark or the 958 east of Nantucket would be the best here. Fun to look at, and wish we were within 4 days. The GFS/GEFS still nothing like the Euro/EPS, but GEPS is actually pretty close to the EPS. 

Geps is actually dead nuts with eps. Gefs is not that far off at d6-d7 while also being a reasonable/plausible outcome. Long week ahead.

I'm vehemently more impressed with the blend of the EPS/GEFS/GEPs, both in situ on the 0z cycle, but then wrt their individual trends, than I am any operational run. 

The spread in those is clear that there is too much difficulty seeing the trees through the forest during a pattern change - the specific advent in those guidance appears really yet to emerge. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The combo of CMC, EPS, GEFS is a nice mean low position. 

Digging deeper clustering shows a pretty good split. We're not dancing around the same location, but there are either inland runners or outside the benchmark. Like a 63/37 split at the moment. Runners are popping up due to either an overpowering trof, or a pumped up northwest Atlantic ridge. The sliders are just a more progressive trof. 

Shouldn't really surprise anyone at this range, but I wouldn't be shocked to see some moves north.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

The combo of CMC, EPS, GEFS is a nice mean low position. 

Digging deeper clustering shows a pretty good split. We're not dancing around the same location, but there are either inland runners or outside the benchmark. Like a 63/37 split at the moment. Runners are popping up due to either an overpowering trof, or a pumped up northwest Atlantic ridge. The sliders are just a more progressive trof. 

Shouldn't really surprise anyone at this range, but I wouldn't be shocked to see some moves north.

Yeah, I know everyone is spiking footballs, but looking at individual members, this easily could cut and it wouldn’t be surprising at all.

• Weenie 3

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yeah, I know everyone is spiking footballs, but looking at individual members, this easily could cut and it wouldn’t be surprising at all.

Based on 00z suite, it's more like the mean of all the ensembles is not the best forecast, that more likely we'll see something run through SNE or stay outside 40/70.

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

This page :lol:.  I see folks have learned very little this year.

Massive caveats apply at a week out. Not exactly a lot of cold air around 

well we basically need BM or southeast of there to get snow in these air masses. Otherwise, the more tucked solutions may be great for interior

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

2004 Rivera? :lol:

Ha. Just the fact while most were bitching about the season and pissing in everyone’s cheerios who remained patient/positive, some continued to to say late Feb into March will have plenty more of chances, with KU potential.

Doesn’t mean it’s a lock for epocity, we’re just in a much better spot to close it out. Rivera could still throw a two broken back singles and we lose…or, he may not get the chance to enter the game lol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Being excited about a big signal at d6-d7 is not spiking footballs. Your nauseating… 

God is he ever…it never ends with him. There’s been discussion about this potential…nothing more, and yet we still have to listen to his nauseating nonsense.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

And I think it's just normal tracking going on..I don't see any spiking.

Yeah I’m not sure where the “spiking the football” narrative is coming from. The storm is still very much a possibility and I think the trends on ensembles have been generally positive the last day or two. That’s all you can really say at day 7. 

People are going to discuss threats. It doesn’t mean they pan out. If they always did, we wouldn’t dissect model guidance. We’d just take it at face value. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1