• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Medium/Long Range Thread: The Empire Strikes Back

stormtracker

if the gfs dosent cave tonight with new data--it probably will end up being right

Yea something has to give soon…. They’re still not even in the same ballpark. A euro/cmc type evolution at least gives NW a chance depending on strength of lead wave, gfs evolution is lights out.

To borrow a Cosgrove-ism, the gyre is now stuck, just spinning centered over MN..was a vertical egg, now it's a horizontal one

Have to imagine once gfs has enough new data ingested we’ll see that evolution shifttowards the rest of guidance. Not saying it will result in a snowstorm as we saw with cmc/euro, but at least more of a shot than a cold front lol

1 hour ago, Chris78 said:

If we need a perfect El Nino to get snow in the mid Atlantic we're screwed lol.

We don't really know...I mean the last two la ninas were median snow which is what they've kinda always been minus 1995-96 and 99-2000. This year seems like an anomaly for a nina...So I'd like to think we can at least hit median in ninas. Now neutrals...the last couple were so awful I'm not sure they work anymore, lol

We don't really know...I mean the last two la ninas were median snow which is what they've kinda always been minus 1995-96 and 99-2000. This year seems like an anomaly for a nina...So I'd like to think we can at least hit median in ninas. Now neutrals...the last couple were so awful I'm not sure they work anymore, lol

Need to figure out what’s causing shortwaves to continually just dump into the southwest.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic