Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Medium/Long Range Thread: The Empire Strikes Back

stormtracker

16 minutes ago, jayyy said:

Differences seem pretty negligible at this range. Those two maps are nearly identical. At least it’s digging a tiny bit more.

I think he's worried it's going to get buried in the SW....which it won't. Typical euro bias. Every other guidance now has it shoving east. Noise.

• Like 1

I think he's worried it's going to get buried in the SW....which it won't. Typical euro bias. Every other guidance now has it shoving east. Noise.

I’m worried about it developing way too far inland as it tracks east like 00z OP euro….Here is GFS and 6z control (which is basically a smoothed version of the OP) at same point. Euro isn’t king to me though anymore so whatever. Just seeing how the cmc and gfs go about forming a big storm neither had hay shortwave digging that far south
f05715b63e0f0ace6c6b3b1ee1e9e145.gif

the blocking also got stronger so I don’t mind that shift
I’d rather a vigorous wave coming out of the west than a piece of crap

Sure if blocking trends stronger maybe a stronger vort turns into a bowling ball of sorts and tracks east under the block. All I’m doing is simple observation and seeing what the 00z euro/cmc 6z gfs did to get where they did and seeing what we’d want to happen. Don’t think we want it as strong as the 6z eps/control that’s all.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic