Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2023 Obs

NorthHillsWx

6 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Yea something interesting to watch. My parents are reporting flakes mixed with surprisingly heavy sleet (probably graupel) near 440 north of Raleigh. I told them if they could make a snowball from the crud on top of their outdoor table RDU has probably ended the snowless streak 

Yeah we have snow mixing in now for sure:
https://www.facebook.com/11832585/videos/554499723448272/

4 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Yea something interesting to watch. My parents are reporting flakes mixed with surprisingly heavy sleet (probably graupel) near 440 north of Raleigh. I told them if they could make a snowball from the crud on top of their outdoor table RDU has probably ended the snowless streak 

I’d say the streak is over! Just checked my ring cam and there is a dusting on the grass and mulch and the roof across from my house is white. Big flakes falling too. Hate I missed our only snow, regardless how pitiful it may be

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, eyewall said:

It went over to mostly snow but has since flipped back to more sleet and rain. It was fun for a moment:
https://www.facebook.com/11832585/videos/713613087211349/

Yep looking at my doorbell cam looks like the snow has flipped to rain or sleet. Grass was quickly getting white is now mostly green. Mulch is completely covered as are rooftops and cars. My guess would be 0.1-0.2” but definitely measurable snow. May have been slightly more on a proper snow board I’m just going off my doorbell cam. Interesting event 

• Like 2

Finished with 0.79” liquid from yesterdays event. It was some sort of mix between snow, snow/sleet, rain/sleet for roughly 3 hours according to my parents who live near me. From their pics and my doorbell cam we received a coating of snow on mulch, rooftop, and decks. Grass and darker objects had a tougher time accumulating. I’ll count this as measurable snow though so I’m bumping my daily and now seasonal snowfall to 0.1”, the bar has been raised 

• Like 1

On 3/12/2023 at 11:44 AM, Chuck said:

Fixed it for you. 

We had two 15-minute spats of snow/sleet previously, I think RDU recorded a "T" for one of them. I'm not near my station right now, don't have the specific dates. It was nothing compared to the ~0.25" of slush on my deck yesterday! 

KSAV had a low this morning of 34, the coldest since January 28th! 
 Due to much better radiational cooling conditions tonight and despite warmer 850s and probably a slightly warmer high today, they probably will end up slightly colder tomorrow morning with a freeze quite possible. The coldest in Feb was 36.

Dewpoint is now only 17!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Bottomed out at 28.6 this morning. Currently rising at 29.7. Was this the coldest morning we’ll see before next fall? 

9 hours ago, StantonParkHoya said:

Most likely yes looking at the LR. 

27.0 at 0715 this morning, 68.6 at 1700. Days like these remind me of living in Colorado.