• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The Ides of March end of Winter 2023

29 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Still on hold at the MD line.  Lol.  If we do not see rain the next 36 hours, I am punting  past mid April. 

No mow here yet just south of you but it's close. Probably next week. Gotta leave the grass tall enough for the Easter Bunny to do his thing.

It has been a long time since we had a Special Weather Statement here in Williamsport for a thunderstorm. Let's see if we have some weather excitement worth reporting on later.

ISSUED: 9:57 PM APR. 5, 2023 – NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
...A STRONG THUNDERSTORM WILL IMPACT CENTRAL CENTRE... SOUTHWESTERN LYCOMING AND SOUTHEASTERN CLINTON COUNTIES THROUGH 1030 PM EDT...

At 956 PM EDT, Doppler radar was tracking a strong thunderstorm near Lock Haven, moving northeast at 60 mph.

HAZARD...Wind gusts of 50 to 55 mph and pea size hail.

SOURCE...Radar indicated.

IMPACT...Gusty winds could knock down tree limbs and blow around
unsecured objects. Minor hail damage to vegetation
possible.

First round was a dud. One flash of light, no thunder. But wait! The weather gods who teased us so often this year are giving me a second chance to be left down:

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT
ISSUED: 10:26 PM APR. 5, 2023 – NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
...A STRONG THUNDERSTORM WILL IMPACT CENTRAL LYCOMING AND
NORTHWESTERN SULLIVAN COUNTIES THROUGH 1100 PM EDT...

At 1023 PM EDT, Doppler radar was tracking a strong thunderstorm over
Williamsport, moving northeast at 70 mph.

HAZARD...Wind gusts of 50 to 55 mph and pea size hail.

1 hour ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

Yeah as soon as its approaching me it breaks up in the middle exactly where I am. rip lmao

image.png.e8089521a6c9b738f3da9e211ad41c8e.png

image.png.edc747bb51f79c9df5181ccc74a0e30e.png

:(

What a joke of a night, right? We had a third thunderstorms weather statement at 11:15 but still no show and hardly any rain. I suppose we will remember this time of constant disappointment someday when we are getting rain or snow all the time.

• Like 1

A meager .01" here.  Not optimistic on today's chances either, as I fear the line gets going too far east for most of us.  After that, who knows when the next rains come.

Mowed for the first time yesterday.  It was my first springtime mow in over 10 years (came from an HOA who did all mowing).  Man, did it feel good but also a pain in the ass with having a fence now.  I don't care much for fences but with two dogs and two kids the wife left me no choice.  

MDT topped out at "only" 79 yesterday.  Should be some comfortably cool days ahead after the frontal passage later today.  Then the warmup begins.  Question is, how long does the ridge dominate before breaking down?  That will determine whether we can challenge any monthly records or not.  Average temp for the month is up to 56.  Onward.

7 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

A meager .01" here.  Not optimistic on today's chances either, as I fear the line gets going too far east for most of us.  After that, who knows when the next rains come.

Mowed for the first time yesterday.  It was my first springtime mow in over 10 years (came from an HOA who did all mowing).  Man, did it feel good but also a pain in the ass with having a fence now.  I don't care much for fences but with two dogs and two kids the wife left me no choice.  

MDT topped out at "only" 79 yesterday.  Should be some comfortably cool days ahead after the frontal passage later today.  Then the warmup begins.  Question is, how long does the ridge dominate before breaking down?  That will determine whether we can challenge any monthly records or not.  Average temp for the month is up to 56.  Onward.

At this point, that ring of fire promoted by the GFS earlier has really been muted as of the last few runs.  Still quite dry but it's been reduced to 2-3 days in the 70s.   CMC is still warmer though.