• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Ides of March end of Winter 2023

45 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

This wind is crazy. Holy crap the house is shaking.

huh.  Your house built of twigs?  Just a decent fropa here but as anticipated, but meh compared to what I've been reading the last couple days.

post frontal was stronger than pre frontal, but not by much.  NWS saying max gust was 48.  That's comparable to a decent Tboomer to me.  No biggie.

11 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

huh.  Your house built of twigs?  Just a decent fropa here but as anticipated, but meh compared to what I've been reading the last couple days.

post frontal was stronger than pre frontal, but not by much.  NWS saying max gust was 48.  That's comparable to a decent Tboomer to me.  No biggie.

Not sure why you would say that unless you want to start something? My house is built just fine. Winds were strong. That was my experience. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Yep unfortunately  that's how it is probably 80% of the time here. But this is probably the 4th or 5th time we have had decent storms in the area over the last few weeks.I think things will really get interesting as we move towards peak storm climo. 2011ish if you will. I have said this in a few years past, but it has never materialized. This year it seems to be underway. I think where Nina is based is key along with solar activity. Does anyone know where the 2011 Nina was based? In 2011 Dr Greg Forbes talked about solar activity being a factor for an active seismic and weather year.,and  it,s something I have wanted to understand ever since. Dr. Forbs, Chuck Rhoades ,and Jose Canseco were my idols as a kid lol.  I don't think he was on the juice when he played for the yanks lol.

42 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Not sure why you would say that unless you want to start something? My house is built just fine. Winds were strong. That was my experience. 

Start something.....LOL.  I guess the logic in me thinks it wouldn't be shaking at sub 50 mph wind and after reading some time ago about how well your house was built, it just sounded a bit surprising.  That's all.  

I'm sure some damage will be reported, but our December fropa was notably more IMBY.  

And I ALWAYS hope for everyones houses sake, they faired just fine.  Once again, why I'm no big fan of "severe".

to all you severe lovers, enjoy the rest of your fropa/whatevs.  I'm not here to ruin it for you, but I'm happy it wasnt worse. 

Winds sustained at 30+ over here, but so far the limbs that are ready to fall out of my big oak, are still dangling above.

55 minutes ago, canderson said:

Winds are back to howling. Pittsburgh is still gusting into the 40s so I expect it’ll blow all night now. 

yeah looks to be a few more hours anyway.  If you need a big weight for your trashcans, I'll come sit on em for ya.

3 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Start something.....LOL.  I guess the logic in me thinks it wouldn't be shaking at sub 50 mph wind and after reading some time ago about how well your house was built, it just sounded a bit surprising.  That's all.  

I'm sure some damage will be reported, but our December fropa was notably more IMBY.  

And I ALWAYS hope for everyones houses sake, they faired just fine.  Once again, why I'm no big fan of "severe".

to all you severe lovers, enjoy the rest of your fropa/whatevs.  I'm not here to ruin it for you, but I'm happy it wasnt worse. 

Winds sustained at 30+ over here, but so far the limbs that are ready to fall out of my big oak, are still dangling above.

If you're going to mock and/or critize the structural integrity of my home, yeah I'd say that's starting something. I certainly would never make that kind of comment to anyone in here. Absolutely no reason for me to do so.

5 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Driving on 81 and 581 to camp hill. Hit multiple corridors of insane wind. Saw tractor tail be blown almost over. It seems the super strong winds are in super small coridors, maybe couple hundred yards wide. Its weird

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Cold air advection - can it be pocketed? It was absolutely wild here for 30 minutes and now dead calm 

Cold air advection - can it be pocketed? It was absolutely wild here for 30 minutes and now dead calm 
If you miss the pocket this day was nothing. If you hit one it verified. I dont know if weather forcasting can ever get to point where it can predict 1/2 mile windpockets in 10 mile area ahead of time

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, canderson said:

Several of the HRRR wind maps had a rippled look to them as if the wind was in different corridors.  It was a unique look.  Also, if you take 15 down into MD there are signs where you get past St Mary's warning of higher winds due to the tunneling effect of the near by ridges.

• Like 1