• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The Ides of March end of Winter 2023

We are: - Third Party IPM Certified - Eco-Apple Growers - PA Preferred - Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) Certified Members of: - Red Tomato - Buy Fresh Buy Local We Use: - Mating Disrution - NO organophospates, carbamates, or pyrethroids

March 24, 2023 the apple and peach tree buds are pushing. Wondering if these are effected from the current cold this morning. This orchard is about 3 miles as the crow flies from me. 
337678108_763181871764311_9022607632030256009_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg_p600x600&_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=SCiGB-JYwj4AX_oeUTV&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AfAb9haXmVKskhInb8iFOxCWbQx7M6t84PcM1qDYZEKweg&oe=642A6357337387667_765405604822732_7707479425913729101_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg_p600x600&_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=-YgdttcnXPIAX-UXb-4&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AfByJ0dbb3fnFu93TMRQDt1VzOXn5oU1lw1Dr8SEogTKJA&oe=6429CC8D
No photo description available.
  • Like 1

This will get the grass growing assuming we get decent rain on Sat...all suites have a warm spell next week after this weekend's quick chill but the CMC is going for two days in the 80's for the LSV before another cold spell sets in the following weekend that sets up the "just after Easter Nor'easter".    More immediately, high wind watch issued for @MAG5035 land. 

image.png.30e1084a3018dd6b5b849f23f3d4877b.png

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

This will get the grass growing assuming we get decent rain on Sat...all suites have a warm spell next week after this weekend's quick chill but the CMC is going for two days in the 80's for the LSV before another cold spell sets in the following weekend that sets up the "just after Easter Nor'easter".    More immediately, high wind watch issued for @MAG5035 land. 

image.png.30e1084a3018dd6b5b849f23f3d4877b.png

from what i remember it takes a good week for grass to grow once temps hit 60 but the over night lows cant go into the 30s or the grass will just not wanna get out of its dormant stage and you need a good bit of rain in that week to get things started. even tho we had temps in the 70s a few times they were short lived why grass hasnt started to grow yet.

Hey did your area have any power outages / trees down Saturday? Friend out in Butler is still without power and lost a ton of trees.  I know it’s way east but not sure if it got rough up north near Clearfield. 
No. I actually have yet to experience a power outage up here aside from the December 23 Siberian express blast that took power out at the Clearfield Walmart but I never lost power at my place.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Happy Opening Day to those that celebrate - it should be a national holiday!! Go Phillies!!
This morning was our 1st sub-freezing reading since the 21st with a low of 28.5. Today will be our 3rd straight below normal day with temps running about 10 degrees below normal with highs in the mid-40's. Warmer tomorrow and Saturday with rain arriving later tomorrow into Saturday. Cooler Sunday before a big warmup into the 70's by Tuesday and Wednesday next week.
Records for today: High 88 (1990) / Low 16 (1915) / Rain 0.81"(1980) / Snow 1.8" (1991)
image.png.c0759aa6162ad841390b88235f9d097f.png

10 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I am currently in the Poconos thanks to a work conference that Mrs. Blizz is attending.

I am out on the balcony at 11 pm watching it absolutely rip heavy snow!!!

I finally am experiencing some Winter….and I am enjoying every second of it!!!

Glad you got to see some snow.  You deserve it.  Despite the beating you took in here, you are fully deserving.  Hoping next year is a snow bonanza for you bud.  Looks like north country has a white landscape this am as well.

http://www.swedenhillsnocam.com/PCSC.jpg

PCSC.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ruin said:

I still see some people thinking we may have 1 more chance of snow lol. its over its damn spring we all got screwed :( lets hope for a cooler then normal summer cause Im not looking forward to 90s 

Yeah we see it.  Same ones that bust others for winter talk. 

Cool summer would be nice.  Don't do anything to Ruin it. 

In the infamous words of Bob Ross....think happy thoughts. :P

1 hour ago, Ruin said:

from what i remember it takes a good week for grass to grow once temps hit 60 but the over night lows cant go into the 30s or the grass will just not wanna get out of its dormant stage and you need a good bit of rain in that week to get things started. even tho we had temps in the 70s a few times they were short lived why grass hasnt started to grow yet.

already growing, and many are mowing down here. 

Green up is well underway.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Glad you got to see some snow.  You deserve it.  Despite the beating you took in here, you are fully deserving.  Hoping next year is a snow bonanza for you bud.  Looks like north country has a white landscape this am as well.

http://www.swedenhillsnocam.com/PCSC.jpg

PCSC.jpg

My favorite snow cam, the 'ol Sweden Hill!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Pretty good depiction here of where the snow fell last night....

snow.thumb.jpg.eeab309229f68fcd747526a68d094554.jpg

and as its almost April fools - don't be fooled, that's really not anything special or anomalous for last nights winners. I know you know this, but I guess I need to remind some that in any given year, you'll see snow and white on cams into early April in these regions.  As always, good for them.   

12Z HRRR stops the initial batch of rain over much of PA by 7AM Saturday...Nam a little delayed into the AM.  Check out the 12Z 3K depiction of the secondary push of cold air late Saturday, when storms may pop.  Some "Thunder Snow" storms along the PA/NY border with some serious temp differences at this time.   Unique look.  3K still has some serious sustained winds over the LSV Sat evening along with the front passing. 

image.png.ed664a2140f3112692fa4053de2915a1.png

image.png.4282863a2b7357edd34431d5cdabeb12.png

image.png.898028eb29e2c288b97229b4ed013249.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

There was a 20% chance of an isolated snow shower in Mammoth overnight...

...this morning they are reporting 7" of new snow in town and 9" on the hill. 

Town officially at 702" for the season.

Sounds like a major forecasting fail! They need to do some more perusing of their models, eh? 

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

I hate to make close ended declarations...part of April continues to look chilly on the GFS.   

Yep I hear ya.  Never say never but man, 37 at noon is gonna be tough to beat as that sun angle keeps getting steeper.

35 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

There was a 20% chance of an isolated snow shower in Mammoth overnight...

...this morning they are reporting 7" of new snow in town and 9" on the hill. 

Town officially at 702" for the season.

Amazing.  I almost wonder if it's one of those mountain micro climates where, when in the right type of pattern/airmass, the mountain basically makes its own snow.  What a year.

• Like 1