• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The Ides of March end of Winter 2023

25 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

35 and drizzle this AM.  Heavy rain not too far to my west.   Not much Spring the rest of March on the globals but signs that the second month of Spring is starting to assert itself.   Until then a few wet snow chances mostly middle PA and north. 

I see a lot of 40-42 temps over toward you. The lowest temp I could find was 37 above 1600ft. Even big flat at 2000ft was 36.   I’m at 40.  

B7D46585-95FD-4BE0-A2D0-928F4D162697.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Coop_Mason said:

I see a lot of 40-42 temps over toward you. The lowest temp I could find was 37 above 1600ft. Even big flat at 2000ft was 36.   I’m at 40.  

It has actually raised up to 37 since the heavier rained moved in.   Here are the two local Wunderground temps.  Spot on within a degree.  Just warmer over your way.    I have two therms and average when they are not the same...one at 5 feet and one at 10 feet.     Those 40's on your map are nowhere near me. 

image.png.9b5751ad88877f02a0078a509821e448.png

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It has actually raised up to 37 since the heavier rained moved in.   Here are the two local Wunderground temps.  Spot on within a degree.  Just warmer over your way.    I have two therms and average when they are not the same...one at 5 feet and one at 10 feet.   

image.png.9b5751ad88877f02a0078a509821e448.png

Just making an observation.  Bouncing around 3 degrees in a few minutes while air is saturated would be a red flag for my data.   Not trying to ruin your Saturday morning.   Enjoy the next round of rain.  On your doorstep.   

1 hour ago, Coop_Mason said:

Just making an observation.  Bouncing around 3 degrees in a few minutes while air is saturated would be a red flag for my data.   Not trying to ruin your Saturday morning.   Enjoy the next round of rain.  On your doorstep.   

You are not ruining my morning, but my 35 OB was a good 10-15 min before I posted it, I had just not sat down yet to post it here.   It raised 2 degrees in an hour as of now.  Pretty normal with SE winds at 10-15MPH.  SW winds and I would be higher.    I would never bet money that I was not a degree off, but my neighbor's Wunderground public temp is 38 so I am fine with my 37 as his rig is lower than mine at 3-4 feet.    Those ob's you posted were over near Waynesboro. 

Just had a clap of thunder here. 

image.png.b4d2ab714b50194c9fab390462a06fe9.png

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

You are not running my morning, but my 35 OB was a good 10-15 min before I posted it, I had just not sat down yet to post it here.   It raised 2 degrees in an hour as of now.  Pretty normal SE winds at 10-15MPH    I would never bet money that I was not a degree off, but my neighbor's Wunderground public temp is 38 so I am fine with my 37 as his rig is lower than mine at 3-4 feet. 

image.png.b4d2ab714b50194c9fab390462a06fe9.png

The wind can spike temps for sure.   Dead calm on my side.   Looked like a lightning strike 7 miles southwest of you. 

Just coming back into the area from my Miami home today...@ 2000 ft elevation near Luzerne/Schuylkill border...wow!  It sure looks like its been a pathetic winter season.  Hopefully, we can can get one last snowstorm before we move on to 23-24 season.  Accord to my neighbor we've only had around 30" so far...pathetic!!! 

2 hours ago, yard-stick said:

Just coming back into the area from my Miami home today...@ 2000 ft elevation near Luzerne/Schuylkill border...wow!  It sure looks like its been a pathetic winter season.  Hopefully, we can can get one last snowstorm before we move on to 23-24 season.  Accord to my neighbor we've only had around 30" so far...pathetic!!! 

Pathetic ends up being in the eye of the beholder.

Over here in Williamsport we had a pretty bad year for snow for sure but I wouldn't say pathetic. What was pathetic was to see big amounts in models decrease to almost nothing or actually nothing time after time.

I think our many posters in the Southern part of PA would say pathetic and even worse about the little snow they got and by the persistent fantasy models that stubbornly continued to show so much more than they got, even the day before the nonevent.

If you like wind though, PA has been the place and will be again tonight and tomorrow, at least up by me. Tree and mold pollen has been high too.

• Thanks 1

37 this AM.  

As we close in on the end of the first 1/3 of Met Spring, MDT stands at an average temp of 42.2 which is both 1.4 above normal and 1.4 above Feb's average.   This will be the coolest March since 2019 after a string of warm Marches the past 3 years (that Mantra that Springs have been cold recently does not stand up for the first 1/3 of them over the past 3 years.)   The current high temp for the month stands at 65 making it the 21st coolest high for all March's back to 1889.  Looking strictly at zone forecasts, after today the highs are to stay at or below normal through the end of the month so 65 would stand as the high unless there is a bust today. 

image.png.428099f4955b8d20cf2ef8105ea3ebe1.png

• Thanks 1