• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Ides of March end of Winter 2023

Through today we are only at 62% of normal precipitation. Much of this due to our snow drought ( we should be at over 34" of snow so far this season but stand at only 2.7") However, we received 0.14" of much needed rain overnight with more over the way over the next 3 days. With somewhere around 0.50" possible. Today will be mild then we turn much chillier for both tomorrow and Saturday. The NWS has highs in the 50's for both Friday and Saturday...my bet is we get nowhere near that warm as both Friday and especially look like we won't escape the 40's with a chilly cold rain. The sun returns on Sunday with temps near normal in the mid-50's
Records for today: High 81 (1907) / Low 14 (1940) / Precipitation 1.20" (1903) / Snow 4.5" (1896)
image.png.6f17e6b90b12b825d26df2a764194b8e.png
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Batch of rain coming east towards me is much heavier than what I'm seeing now - perhaps I drop another degree or two once it arrives. 

It is raining quite hard here with occasional rumbling.  I keep checking to make sure no parachutes are mixing in and I can count another snow day. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

You're not kidding...it's not even close. 

I will wait for Euro and GEFS but this is getting ridiculous.   The pattern as modeled yesterday was set for something and all of a sudden it is gone.  Not talking the Op run ground results, talking the upper air setup as modeled yesterday. Met's says the tellies match and it could happen and wham, it is gone. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

53.1 here currently, .30" of rain for the day. That last batch of moderate rain really weakened as it moved east across the river. 

I forgot to add my rain total to it being 61 here now...not much more than you at .4".    The most important Euro run of the late first 1/3 of spring is on deck.   @paweather the site logs show you checking in on that 0Z GFS run from last night.  Join in :-) 

53 minutes ago, canderson said:

Y'all are still following models for snow? Bless your weenie hearts! :)

36 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Some of us are paid to do it so....

It's still March and I'd rather look for March-like weather than our first heat wave. It'll be hot enough soon enough. It's a very high level look with zero expectations anyway...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

NOT saying Canderson is guilty of this...but there are a lot of people who make that very comment across all of the sub forums in here - you know damn well they're following/tracking as well, they just don't want to admit it. 

Most people who do it are mad that they did not get "the weather they wanted" and use it as a way to strike their frustration out at others.   

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Most people who do it are mad that they did not get "the weather they wanted" and use it as a way to strike out at others.   

I'm a numbers guy...to the extreme. And I remember numbers far more than I probably should, including numbers that most people would find ridiculous. 

That said - there were a total of 14 posts made in the MA March Long Range thread yesterday...that is the "dedicated" thread to tracking snow/wintry weather chances. Again...14 posts in a 24 hour day, which is 1.7 posts per hour. That's not a lot of posts. Thing is, I was in that thread last evening...along with 31 other members. 

That's a lot of people following along (tracking) but not posting. 

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm a numbers guy...to the extreme. And I remember numbers far more than I probably should, including numbers that most people would find ridiculous. 

That said - there were a total of 14 posts made in the MA March Long Range thread yesterday...that is the "dedicated" thread to tracking snow/wintry weather chances. Again...14 posts in a 24 hour day, which is 1.7 posts per hour. That's not a lot of posts. Thing is, I was in that thread last evening...along with 31 other members. 

That's a lot of people following along but not posting. 

I guess some are afraid to be mocked for trying to enjoy the hobby. 

• Like 1