• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The Ides of March end of Winter 2023

34 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

EC has the Miller B spawned coastal next week as well.  It is 12-18 hours earlier and warmer on this run.  Heavy Snow limited to NE PA instead of MU where only 1/2" falls vs 3-5" on GFS.  Definitely a watcher for the further Northeast you go.    970 bomb in NE.   Cantore ready to roll. 

Sure seems like there will be a "big blow" somewhere in the NE next week - obviously odds strongly favor interior sections of NE for winter weather, but an impressive storm is potentially in the cards for a larger area of the northeast. 

• Like 1

@Bubbler86 - just received a new notification from the town of Mammoth Lakes:

Wednesday, March 22nd @ 11 AM – Good morning, excessive snow load has caused a building collapse/explosion in the Canyon Lodge area. 5 people have been rescued at the Val D’ Isere condos. FYI: All roads into the Canyon area are closed now.

• Sad 2

That is about 2/10s of a mile from where we will be staying. 

Computer models are trending very unfavorably out there once again - it's becoming more and more possible that Mammoth Lakes is about 6 days away from a storm that could deliver 3 to 5 FEET of additional snowfall. The town is currently 4" away from the all time record. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Just saw the 12z GFS evolution for next week - in a 6 hour period next Tuesday evening, low pressure moves from Wheeling WV to 150 east of OCMD to right over Havre de Grace MD. In that order as well.

Interesting. 

The Blizz snow train is getting ready to make a late March run! 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Just saw the 12z GFS evolution for next week - in a 6 hour period next Tuesday evening, low pressure moves from Wheeling WV to 150 east of OCMD to right over Havre de Grace MD. In that order as well.

Interesting. 

I cannot see the individual members, but the EPS snow depth mean is surprisingly high for 6 days from now (PA state.)

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'll have to parse the MA thread to see if Will the Weather guy will resurrect his snow probability maps!

LOL, what I am surprised about is that GEFS is a blank out for the LSV except .1 over MU up to MDT.  That means to me that the OP is on its own.   EPS has snow down to Richmond. 

Parse away my friend. 

• Haha 1

So how wet has it been in Arizona?

Year to date, the PWS a couple blocks from my house has received 4.06" of precipitation. Average annual precip is 7.75", so we've already passed the halfway point to our annual average...in less than three months. 

• Like 4

0z GFS just ripped about the whole subforum with 10”+ from that 3/29 thing.

It’s definitely an interesting looking period next week with the NAO, EPO, and WPO all nosing back negative favoring below average temps most of next week and this weekend system ushering in the colder regime kind of setting the deck for that following system to possibly track favorably. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Voyager said:

So how wet has it been in Arizona?

Year to date, the PWS a couple blocks from my house has received 4.06" of precipitation. Average annual precip is 7.75", so we've already passed the halfway point to our annual average...in less than three months. 

There was even a tornado that touched down and did damage in the Los Angeles suburb of Monebello late Wednesday morning, which LA NWS recently confirmed was an EF-1. 

3 hours ago, MAG5035 said:

It’s definitely an interesting looking period next week with the NAO, EPO, and WPO all nosing back negative favoring below average temps most of next week and this weekend system ushering in the colder regime kind of setting the deck for that following system to possibly track favorably. 

0z GFS was just perfect for CTP for the chance next week.

We are way overdue for something to go right for us…

6F75D2CB-0EF6-4D28-8CB5-5CE58585C6D8.png

F50381BB-4D9E-4A1F-B37C-41BCB860F65A.png

B5A49A5A-DC5C-4FD1-8230-5ACD2BAFCE67.png

1 hour ago, Atomixwx said:

We had a pretty gnarly thunderstorm roll through here about an hour ago. Snow can eff off.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

1 flash of lightning and 1 loud clap of thunder was enough to light up my room and sit me straight up, just before my 5am alarm went off. 

7 hours ago, MAG5035 said:

6Z was much more progressive.  The large differences between the CMC/GFS vs. the Euro are pretty surprising at day 4 right now.   Euro has a low riding the M/D Line the same time the GFS is well into the Atlantic.