• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The Ides of March end of Winter 2023

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Yea tomorrow looks cold with the wind. The week warms up - might hit 70 Thursday. Mid 50s early week going to mid 60s later. 

And this for me, which is totally absurd. Normal is 80, and these temps are actually slightly below average even for late December/early January. 

Screenshot_20230318_153243_Chrome.jpg

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, canderson said:

They’re elite defensively and tough. They’re gone through hell this year with Beard getting fired for beating up his fiancé. Screw him. 

I love it for the players that they rallied and made this run, shows huge mental toughness. Yeah he’s a piece of work, but program seems on rise still as a whole!

@canderson congratulations on the W. Penn State had no answer for the Longhorns repeatedly scoring in the paint. As was mentioned, Texas didn't shoot well overall but PSU shot just 28% from behind the arc. If they shoot even their season average it might have been a different outcome...at the same time, the 'horns defense had something to do with that as well. 

Good luck going forward.

• Like 1

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

@canderson congratulations on the W. Penn State had no answer for the Longhorns repeatedly scoring in the paint. As was mentioned, Texas didn't shoot well overall but PSU shot just 28% from behind the arc. If they shoot even their season average it might have been a different outcome...at the same time, the 'horns defense had something to do with that as well. 

Good luck going forward.

Psu did hit on good coach, will be relevant long term now.

On 3/17/2023 at 7:14 AM, Voyager said:

Just think. I single handedly ended the drought out here. The Salt River reservoirs are so full that they are doing dam releases and making the normally dry river bed through Phoenix look like the Susquehanna. 

Here's a pic from today. It's the I-10 Salt River crossing near Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport. It's a normally dry river.  

Screenshot_20230318_213200_Chrome.jpg

• Like 3

On 3/17/2023 at 11:36 AM, Bubbler86 said:

@Ruin you said on the other thread:

--

the below period time was said to be the 16th on  and was said to be much below normal I owuldnt call 50 when the average high is 52 chilly the coldest day we had was 48. for many of us it was warmer then forecasted for a few days and for me I had 2 days below normal the rest were average and even had 2 days above 

--

Below are MDT's numbers for the period 3/10-3/15.  All of them below normal, and two days where it did not reach 40.  Maybe you were speaking about earlier in March?  

image.png.6b5435b0d659b0576dbe56951addd369.png

it was for me my dad is in middletown but with that said it was said to be much below normal this isnt much below normal. also the heart of the so cold was after the 17 looking it now we are forecasted to be way above upper 50s to upper 60s. so by the end of the month we will be skewed a tad above normal or near normal. Much below normal is like 10 degree's I dont see one date on that reference that shows that. thats slightly below normal. btw im not throwing shade at any of you guys here. im throwing shade to temp guidance showing once thing and my local weather not showing the same thing. but then had people say the local guys have to catch up tp to the temp outlook thats a nope never had to cause it didnt happen :(

6 hours ago, Ruin said:

it was for me my dad is in middletown but with that said it was said to be much below normal this isnt much below normal. also the heart of the so cold was after the 17 looking it now we are forecasted to be way above upper 50s to upper 60s. so by the end of the month we will be skewed a tad above normal or near normal. Much below normal is like 10 degree's I dont see one date on that reference that shows that. thats slightly below normal. btw im not throwing shade at any of you guys here. im throwing shade to temp guidance showing once thing and my local weather not showing the same thing. but then had people say the local guys have to catch up tp to the temp outlook thats a nope never had to cause it didnt happen :(

It is extremely rare (if ever) that a month ends up 10 below normal.    MDT has a real good chance ending today more than 10 BN (as in today's temps vs. normal.)

8 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Good luck going forward.

Those 2-3 missed 3's, when PSU went up near the end, were killer.   Hit even one of those shots and I think PSU wins unless they Drake out.   PSU showed there are about every bit as good as Texas IMO.   Hung a 43 bagger on them in the second half.  

• Like 1