• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The Ides of March end of Winter 2023

ah don't worry, our drought is just starting.  No significant rain events in the immediate future.  1-2 in of rain since January is not going to cut it it with no snow base.  The fire watches/red flags are only the start of the drought problems in these past few weeks. If we get no significant rain events  by leaf out, we will be in a drought folks. Well yields and stream flows will be down big time. This happens after every La Nina winter pattern like clockwork. What breaks the drought-- early season tropical storms

2 minutes ago, Albedoman said:

ah don't worry, our drought is just starting.  No significant rain events in the immediate future.  1-2 in of rain since January is not going to cut it it with no snow base.  The fire watches/red flags are only the start of the drought problems in these past few weeks. If we get no significant rain events  by leaf out, we will be in a drought folks. Well yields and stream flows will be down big time. This happens after every La Nina winter pattern like clockwork. What breaks the drought-- early season tropical storms

Tropical Storm Marysvillemike

• Haha 1

To anyone who said Texas is going to beat Penn State tomorrow night. You're going to be wrong. Don't let that 10 seed fool you. Penn State is a top 10-15 team in America right now and are firing on all cylinders at the right time.

A team that converts threes like Funk and Dredd did last night goes to a regional final every year. While I wouldn't put money down, I also would not be shocked to see a shock Final Four run where the open nature of domes throw off the calibration of mid and long-range shots and the run ends on a series of bricks.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Also, it's a miserable April day here. I'm heartened to have seen the spring outlook on USA Today indicate a warmer than usual spring is forecast for our parts. I'm so ready for spring and maybe a severe outbreak or two here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atomixwx said:

To anyone who said Texas is going to beat Penn State tomorrow night. You're going to be wrong. Don't let that 10 seed fool you. Penn State is a top 10-15 team in America right now and are firing on all cylinders at the right time.

A team that converts threes like Funk and Dredd did last night goes to a regional final every year. While I wouldn't put money down, I also would not be shocked to see a shock Final Four run where the open nature of domes throw off the calibration of mid and long-range shots and the run ends on a series of bricks.

What happens when the threes stop falling though?

Texas just shut down the best 3 point shooting team in the country and dominated Kansas on the perimeter. Their defense is quite elite. 

LOL at Purdue. Painter never learns and never has a decent guard. A big man and no guard play won’t win anything in the tournament anymore. No wonder he loses so often to double digit seeds. That loss is the worst ever in the tourney, imo. LOLOLOl

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

Texas just shut down the best 3 point shooting team in the country and dominated Kansas on the perimeter. Their defense is quite elite. 

LOL at Purdue. Painter never learns and never has a decent guard. A big man and no guard play won’t win anything in the tournament anymore. No wonder he loses so often to double digit seeds. That loss is the worst ever in the tourney, imo. LOLOLOl

Throwing back some of your saved up mad elf's?  Lol

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Throwing back some of your saved up mad elf's?  Lol

Haha I gave up alcohol at home in January actually. I love when Purdue loses. I’ve never liked them - their old coach whined constantly and Painter apparently isn’t any better.

In 1990 when Texas beat Purdue - I’ll never forget the whining of Keady.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Just checked our Maple and Oak trees...no buds yet.  Going to bloom late this year.   Will have to weed whack a few spots in the grass to keep it even with most of the rest that is still dormant.   Hard Freeze next 2 or 3 mornings with teens in colder spots (as modeled.) 

Here is a maple at my place taken on March 3rd this year.

20230303_095946.jpg