• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
The Ides of March end of Winter 2023

this is the one that will hit. Its opening week of HS Baseball/softball. 
Book it now, this will be the one for us
I agree, this whole winter has winter coming at the exact moment that will screw over baseball.

Also wost wind day of winter in cumberland county

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Still snowing in the Poconos - lots of 8-10" reports coming in out of NE PA. Good 'ole Starrucca PA was reporting 9.5" at 3pm. Have to believe a few high spots are at or will eclipse a foot. 

Edit: One of the heaviest bands of snow in the NE is actually rotating into NE PA/Poconos right now, so there will be double digit totals. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Still snowing in the Poconos - lots of 8-10" reports coming in out of NE PA. Good 'ole Starrucca PA was reporting 9.5" at 3pm. Have to believe a few high spots are at or will eclipse a foot. 

Edit: One of the heaviest bands of snow in the NE is actually rotating into NE PA/Poconos right now, so there will be double digit totals. 

Have been under that band since 3PM. Sitting at about 7" and the heaviest snow of the storm occurring now. Forecast was for 6-10" so that is going be right on.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Hey voyager, curious how much snow the north rim has currently. April 4th through 11th ill be in Vegas, then grand canyon, on way to Phoenix

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I know for the season that they got more than Flagstaff. As for what's currently on the ground, I couldn't tell you.

10 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Thanks for the background.  I was just thinking the other day how all of this would affect the long-term drought in areas of the west.  Much of Cali is now out of D2 and not much D3 or D4 out there anymore.    I must admit that beyond looking at the drought map, I do not follow it that closely.  Ironically, I just looked, and YOU are in D0 now.   I am sure parts of the LSV being in a drought will make Blizz happy. 

Lol…I can’t wait for drought post season!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Wanted to follow up on this. I store so much information in my head...have to keep on learning is my mantra. One thing I'm seeing a LOT of today while perusing the NE and NYC subs is this - much of the disappointment is not because it's not snowing but because it's not sticking. White rain abounds in areas where temps are marginal and intensity is not moderate to heavy. I think most in this thread know this but it's something to keep in mind...one of those recent GFS runs for next week had midday air temps around 34-36 degrees in the LSV. We'd be in trouble if that played out like that. Temp will have to be lower and we'll need big time rates to compensate for the date. Back in 2018 I was accumulating nicely midday first day of spring but it was legit +SN and it was 31 degrees. 

A lot of those reporting stations up there where white rain is falling are at 34-36 degrees...

Great points!

Hopefully the peak of next week’s event begins in the evening & lasts through the overnight into the following am.

Oh yes, with moderate to heavy rates of snow for roughly 18 hours…

The ITT storm might be slightly delayed, but not denied!

5 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yup, had a solid 9” to 10” inches here at my location on the northwestern edge of the Pocono Plateau. I measured around 7pm, I’m just shy of 2,100’ feet. Still have bouts of light to moderate snow ongoing as well. So another quick inch or two is still possible to reach a foot in areas. However, this event was highly elevation dependent up this way. My buddy in Scranton barely had 3.0” inches.  I took a drive 7 miles from my house down at 1300’ feet, and they had 4” or 5” inches tops. 

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, NepaJames8602 said:

Yup, had a solid 9” to 10” inches here at my location on the northwestern edge of the Pocono Plateau. I measured around 7pm, I’m just shy of 2,100’ feet. Still have bouts of light to moderate snow ongoing as well. So another quick inch or two is still possible to reach a foot in areas. However, this event was highly elevation dependent up this way. My buddy in Scranton barely had 3.0” inches.  I took a drive 7 miles from my house down at 1300’ feet, and they had 4” or 5” inches tops. 

Good to see someone else from northern PA here. There's me in Williamsport & another person from Lycoming County and that is about it I think. So tonight was your night over there. Good for you, something more than a few inches at last.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, CoralRed said:

Good to see someone else from northern PA here. There's me in Williamsport & another person from Lycoming County and that is about it I think. So tonight was your night over there. Good for you, something more than a few inches at last.

Thank you! I’m actually a long term lurker of this regional forum, however I typically post in the Nyc Interior thread given my proximity to that location. I’ll try to drop in here more often. I’m Located in Newfoundland, Pa in Wayne county. The Pocono Springs pin, is my actual location in the Poconos. Roughly 30 min due north of Mt. Pocono. And today was this winters largest snowfall for me. All in all, absolutely pathetic season for everyone. This storm has put me at around 43” inches for the season, so I’ve made up some ground the past two weeks. But it’s still far behind the typical average snowfall for the higher elevations of the Poconos, which range from 60” to 70” inches a season here once you’re at and above 2,000’ feet. 

DFA0EC1F-1FAD-43C9-B6C3-0FD08E44E986.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

'Mornin fellow weather weirdos.  These winds the past two days have just been brutal while walking into work in Harrisburg.  Last night the house was shaking.  Slightly better today but not much.  Looks like the highest recorded gust yesterday was 56mph at Mifflin County Airport, which I hear all the major airlines will be offering direct non-stop service to in the coming months.  As expected, the major snow totals yesterday were confined to the MA-NY-VT border region.  NE PA looks like a highly elevation-dependent general 4-8" type deal, with a couple of higher lollipops. 

I'm starting to have concerns about the ability of our "storm" to climb the coast for next week.  My expectations are about as low as can be at this point.  Either way, the remainder of March looks mostly chilly.  MDT now at an avg. temp of 40.0, exactly one degree above average.  What's happening out at Mammoth Mountain is absolutely amazing to behold -- a weather fanatic's wet dream -- while also recognizing the dangers it poses.  National high of 87 near Ochopee, FL and low of -19 at Seagull Lake, MN.  Those are my scatterbrained thoughts for the morning.  Chao.

• Like 4