• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The Ides of March end of Winter 2023

15 minutes ago, Ruin said:

well then my local news station was wrong thats on them and thats the case they are showing lower 50s all the way up to mid 60s one day so what happened to the cold?

Like I mentioned before, the pattern is supportive of a cutter and a ridge of High Pressure temporarily setting up in the south east.    This will turn the flow for us from the South West so it is going to be AN for a few days. 

1 minute ago, canderson said:

I see Mammoth Lakes is forecast for 42- 72 inches of snow tonight through Tuesday. Horrible flooding setting up again in parts of California due to the new atmospheric river. It’s been wild for them all winter. 

I was just about to post that it is puking snow in town right now. Watching the town Webcams and it's a surreal scene. As you said...a whole lot more snow to come. Another storm is expected by next weekend as well.

Mammoth reported 33" of new snow at 8am this morning. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I was just about to post that it is puking snow in town right now. Watching the town Webcams and it's a surreal scene. As you said...a whole lot more snow to come. Another storm is expected by next weekend as well.

Mammoth reported 33" of new snow at 8am this morning. 

Links, please! 

Had to go to Minersville yesterday afternoon. Once you got east of Hegins, it was a totally different world up there. There was probably about 3 inches of snow on the ground. The trees and light poles wires were all coated with snow. The temperature was only 31 @3:30 in the afternoon up there. It was an amazing sight being there was no snow where I live. And the elevation was 771 according to my elevation app. Where we started seeing snow on the ground.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Had to go to Minersville yesterday afternoon. Once you got east of Hegins, it was a totally different world up there. There was probably about 3 inches of snow on the ground. The trees and light poles wires were all coated with snow. The temperature was only 31 @3:30 in the afternoon up there. It was an amazing sight being there was no snow where I live. And the elevation was 771 according to my elevation app. Where we started seeing snow on the ground.

It seems some areas Northeast of us are going to have "not so bad" records for snow this season because of the late season come back.  The Mid-Atlantic is going to be a big loser if we do not get one of the ITT's over the next 2 weeks. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It seems some areas Northeast of us are going to have "not so bad" records for snow this season because of the late season come back.  The Mid-Atlantic is going to be a big loser if we do not get one of the ITT's over the next 2 weeks. 

It appears Doug K's forecast for snow fall this winter was a little aggressive for DC lol.

23 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

With each passing day, many are just waiting to throw in the towel. Maybe we can have a towel burning party at Canderson's, in his wind damaged garbage cans. Since I think he was one of the first to declare this winter was toast.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

With each passing day, many are just waiting to throw in the towel. Maybe we can have a towel burning party at Canderson's, in his wind damaged garbage cans. Since I think he was one of the first to declare this winter was toast.

No matter what happens in the next few weeks, this winter sucked hard.   There is a convo on the MA board about it not being cold and it has some merit though the whys are not apparent, IMO.    I am still going to enjoy watching the models try to forecast the rest of the month.

• Like 2

Including the cities of Boonville, Syracuse, Hamilton, Oneida,
Rome, Utica, Cortland, Norwich, Binghamton, Hallstead, Montrose,
Damascus, Equinunk, Scranton, Milford, and Honesdale
355 AM EDT Sun Mar 12 2023

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
WEDNESDAY MORNING...

* WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Total snow accumulations of 8 to 14
  inches possible. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph.

We will see. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

@Bubbler86

Doug K the chief meteorologist from Channel 4 in DC had a winter snow forecast of 2 to 6 in DC proper with 4 to 10 up our way. 

I thought that was crazy as my worst winter in Smithsburg ever was still more than 15" but to date I'm at 3".

DCA is less than an inch currently.

That is crazy low despite the totals so far. 

4 minutes ago, Greensnow said:

WEDNESDAY MORNING...

We will see. 

Good to see someone in our forum with a WSW, 

17 minutes ago, Greensnow said:

WEDNESDAY MORNING...

We will see. 

Just need to drive an hour and a half hmmmm…..