• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Ides of March end of Winter 2023

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

GFS is...less than inspiring for the early week threat. Really strung out piece of garbage that strengthens enough to give eastern NE some love. But it's weaker than the Euro, and most importantly...much weaker where it could help us. 

It sure is and that's certainly a possibility, but overall it just seems a bit wonky to me.  I think the Goofus is still figuring some things out and needs to clear the map of the current storm. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

It sure is and that's certainly a possibility, but overall it just seems a bit wonky to me.  I think the Goofus is still figuring some things out and needs to clear the map of the current storm. 

The interesting but not good thing I saw on the GFS was that it actually had two areas of LP form off the SE coast.  You can see them both here in this panel.  That is definitely wonky IMO.   The offshore one appears to me to be the original Miller B formed one.  

image.png.0f5c21b4b74eb32a648e38129c3be88a.png

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Look at how that 3rd slp pops off shore.  Wont happen like that.  Toss this nooner from the mix.  What will happen....who knows, but not that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, canderson said:

If/when Monday fails, it's curtains imo. Cold air looks to be bye bye for the rest of the month. 

I mean it's been curtains since the first week of January, but ya know. 

I agree with you on this. I can’t remember a year we failed every storm. I was with Roundtop management last night. They can’t believe how many nights they couldn’t even blow snow this year. They close Sunday and couldn’t even do the pond skimming this year do to lack of snow. Most nights they did blow they said they typically would not have in the past. What’s everyone’s season total? 

2 minutes ago, paweather5 said:

I agree with you on this. I can’t remember a year we failed every storm. I was with Roundtop management last night. They can’t believe how many nights they couldn’t even blow snow this year. They close Sunday and couldn’t even do the pond skimming this year do to lack of snow. Most nights they did blow they said they typically would not have in the past. What’s everyone’s season total? 

I round down. 0.00" 

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

After the third wave chance next weekend, both the GFS and CMC feature the coldest part of March to occur after next weekend.  The CMC depiction is particularly damaging for the south.  Probably overstated.  GFS is also cold but not to this extent. 

image.thumb.png.2d37137082cb20b9e7a05eee3575a9e2.png

True, it's seasonably cool but not cold. I don't see that air intrusion coming down imo. 

9 minutes ago, paweather5 said:

I'm rocking 4.25". One storm with 3.5" (it melted within 3 hours due to heavy rain, then two other ones totaling the rest, both melted basically immediately). I haven' shoveled snow since 2021. The city hasn't plowed since then, either. Never have had snow cover last overnight. 

6 minutes ago, paweather5 said:

1.5" here in west-central Lancaster County, and that's with me probably being a wee bit generous on a couple .1" events ha.

15 minutes ago, paweather5 said:

7 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

1.5" here in west-central Lancaster County, and that's with me probably being a wee bit generous on a couple .1" events ha.

2.1" for me - of which, I've seen 0" while at home. The only times it snowed this entire season, I was at work. I have never in 57 years gone an entire season without seeing SOME snow on the ground at some point at my casa. 

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, paweather5 said:

Shout out to Roundtop - how they kept going until now is truly remarkable. Whitetail closed for the season in February...

How many days did they operate at any capacity and were they at any point running all slopes?

And it's been a long time since I was at Roundtop. Do they have bike trails or rail coaster or zip lines to supplement the lost income?

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

2.1" for me - of which, I've seen 0" while at home. The only times it snowed this entire season, I was at work. I have never in 57 years gone an entire season without seeing SOME snow on the ground at some point at my casa. 

Get ready Mammoth ITT is coming to town!

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Slight under 4" here.  I do not measure in exacts like you do but fairly close.  Easily the worst winter ever to this point as to snow accums.  I know MDT has passed that figure for themselves though so it will not go down as the worst there. 

• Like 1

Just now, paweather said:

Get ready Mammoth ITT is coming to town!

Good thing we live in the era of the GPS - some out of towners are causing issues with fender benders and such - virtually every business in town is not visible from the road...simply can't see anything other than ginormous walls of snow. At least if you know a specific destination you can plug it in which helps in those cases, but someone perusing for a meal or other venue on a whim is pretty much driving blindly. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Slight under 4" here.  I do not measure in exacts like you do but fairly close.  Easily the worst winter ever to this point as to snow accums.  I know MDT has passed that figure for themselves though so it will not go down as the worst there. 

I should have mentioned the caveat to my total - my wife assumed measurements this year as everything fell while I as at work. So it's an official unofficial total. LOL

So...Blizz will say that it hasn't been THAT bad? :)  

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

How many days did they operate at any capacity and were they at any point running all slopes?

And it's been a long time since I was at Roundtop. Do they have bike trails or rail coaster or zip lines to supplement the lost income?

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

They have a full summer camp now, tons of zip lines, bumper boats, fishing, geo balls etc. no mountain biking. They did not open all the slopes this year and would say ran around 65 to 75 percent most the year. 

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Good thing we live in the era of the GPS - some out of towners are causing issues with fender benders and such - virtually every business in town is not visible from the road...simply can't see anything other than ginormous walls of snow. At least if you know a specific destination you can plug it in which helps in those cases, but someone perusing for a meal or other venue on a whim is pretty much driving blindly. 

• Haha 1