• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Ides of March end of Winter 2023

Euro definitely looks good, but it’s a bit on its own with how quickly it strengthens the coastal south of us. If the coastal is delayed like the GFS then the best (and maybe only) snow is well north and east. Today will be a critical day to see if the Euro folds or the other globals trend towards it.

• Like 2

We may see a few wet snow flakes mixed in at the start of the rain early this afternoon and again towards tomorrow morning as the storm pulls away. Otherwise, a prolonged stretch of below normal temperatures will continue for at least the next couple weeks. Another storm will impact us Sunday night into Monday.
Records for today: High 79.2 (2016) / Low 4 below zero (1984) / Precipitation 1.47" (1952) / Snow 13.3" (1907)
image.png.8ecd9ed4662535947fff6c939861d8f4.png

1 hour ago, GrandmasterB said:

Euro definitely looks good, but it’s a bit on its own with how quickly it strengthens the coastal south of us. If the coastal is delayed like the GFS then the best (and maybe only) snow is well north and east. Today will be a critical day to see if the Euro folds or the other globals trend towards it.

6z euro back to reality.  00z might of just been a head fake

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The 0z Euro made a good improvement for the Monday event for CTP & the LSV.

It shows a nice low track that intensifies off of the NC coast as it moves north & east. There is a much better depiction of the typical precip field in this scenario for our region with this type of coastal low.

We are very much in the game with a few days to go.

915CB925-EAEE-48E1-9AA3-0ADB2FBE948D.png

E0A1CA21-D6ED-4922-A274-B931325E5809.png

AEEC76FF-D6BE-4392-8EFE-298B4DD7361D.png

Hopefully the Euro continues the good trends for Monday as we enjoy a little snow today!

• Like 1

Update from MU for Monday...and not a good update:

My thoughts on this system remain the same as on Tuesday with one exception. Instead of arriving late Sunday night, precipitation may now arrive as early as Sunday afternoon or evening. Given the high March sun angle and precipitation onset time around or shortly after peak heating hours, this is just more bad news for snow-lovers. To make a long story short, I'm now quite bearish on the prospects of accumulating snow Sunday afternoon into Monday morning, but it's still too early to completely rule out the possibility.

20 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

No matter what happens weather wise down here......TGIFF.

I would add that no matter what happens it's Pennsylvania state wrestling championships weekend!  Yes, I'm fully aware that I'm likely the only person on this forum excited by this fact haha.

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Today is a new day. I had a very rough day personally yesterday but in a better frame of mind this morning. Hopefully one of the many pieces of energy rotating east can get us over the next couple of weeks. 

Hang in there Training.  Whatever you're going through will only make you stronger.  The sun will always rise anew.  Sending much love your way my brother. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I would add that no matter what happens it's Pennsylvania state wrestling championships weekend!  Yes, I'm fully aware that I'm likely the only person on this forum excited by this fact haha.

Hang in there Training.  Whatever you're going through will only make you stronger.  The sun will always rise anew.  Sending much love your way my brother. 

Negative kemosabbie. I'm a Wrestling fan

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

@Mount Joy SnowmanEnjoy the tourney.  Exciting for sure.

@Itstrainingtimeneed bad days once in a while to make us appreciate the good ones.  Hoping today is a good one for you.

• Thanks 2

@Mount Joy Snowman - I think (gulp) part of the problem (and there's more than one issue) is that looking at the progression, the low itself doesn't "bomb out" until it gets to our latitude or even north of here. Sometimes low pressure will hit the east coast and immediately undergo "bombogeniisis" but in this case, the storm very gradually strengthens before it's too late for us. 

If it were to bomb out off the NC coast I'd believe it would be dynamic enough to yank those air temps down quickly. 

• Like 3