• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
The Ides of March end of Winter 2023

1 hour ago, Ruin said:

So im watching all the models on youtube these guys who do the weather stuff. one thing that really puzzles me they show models giving my area heavy snow for a few hours and mod snow for a few hours but we cant eek out a god darn inch? .9 for MDT? for tomorrow and this snow is said to go mostly over night tomorrow night?

No it’s not overnight. It’s pretty much entirely a daytime event, which is one of the myriad problems given we’re nearing mid March. 

23 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

No it’s not overnight. It’s pretty much entirely a daytime event, which is one of the myriad problems given we’re nearing mid March. 

lol even driving by the digital alerts on the side of the high way says friday pm event

1 hour ago, Ruin said:

So im watching all the models on youtube these guys who do the weather stuff. one thing that really puzzles me they show models giving my area heavy snow for a few hours and mod snow for a few hours but we cant eek out a god darn inch? .9 for MDT? for tomorrow and this snow is said to go mostly over night tomorrow night?

I would be very wary of youtube weather forecasters . They need you to click and comeback and they know who to trigger that reaction in guys like us.

10 minutes ago, Yardstickgozinya said:

I would be very wary of youtube weather forecasters . They need you to click and comeback and they know who to trigger that reaction in guys like us.

true but look at accuweather link just outside my area I live just to the west about 12-15 mins across the river these days and it says for haarrisburg wont start till 5 plus they were showing legit models gfs euro etc 

3 minutes ago, Yardstickgozinya said:

Unfortunately making people think the next hecs is just right around the corner has become a profitable business for enough people and agency's now that the next hecs will always be 8-14 days out.

7 minutes ago, Ruin said:

true but look at accuweather link just outside my area I live just to the west about 12-15 mins across the river these days and it says for haarrisburg wont start till 5 plus they were showing legit models gfs euro etc 

I think what you will find over time is that there are no legit weather models for this area of the US at any range, just people that cant or don't want remember yesterday.

6 minutes ago, Yardstickgozinya said:

Unfortunately making people think the next hecs is just right around the corner has become a profitable business for enough people and agency's now that the next hecs will always be 8-14 days out.

I agree but the youtubers I follow 1 former meteorologist and the second guy keeps showing the models it shows the area mod to heavy snow 10 hours and yet snow guidance suggest one accum is 0.9

Just now, Yardstickgozinya said:

I think what you will find over time is that there are no legit weather models for this area of the US at any range, just people that cant or don't want remember yesterday.

Oh ive been into weather for a long time models are normally all shit lol 

32 minutes ago, Yardstickgozinya said:

Don't let some of the guys her fool you , Sometimes we get into simple patterns that make the models look like they are ok, but its not the models working out its the simple pattern . Unfortunately computer models cant handle any dynamics lol.

do you think they did better before the major upgrades in the middle 2010s? it felt like it but again models felt like they were better in the 90s 

as I'm lookng beyond tomorrow for us southers, I'm hoping we can pull something off or Monday event.  If one can overcome marginal thermals for us low landers....thats our shot.  Enough consensus on most globals really have me rooting that one on.  Nice to see the HH GFS keep the boundary further south for the 3/18 event.  May have 2 shots before window closes.

• Like 2

The 0z Euro made a good improvement for the Monday event for CTP & the LSV.

It shows a nice low track that intensifies off of the NC coast as it moves north & east. There is a much better depiction of the typical precip field in this scenario for our region with this type of coastal low.

We are very much in the game with a few days to go.

915CB925-EAEE-48E1-9AA3-0ADB2FBE948D.png

E0A1CA21-D6ED-4922-A274-B931325E5809.png

AEEC76FF-D6BE-4392-8EFE-298B4DD7361D.png

• Like 2