• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
The Ides of March end of Winter 2023

18 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

NWS says basically a swing and a miss on snow accumulation in my location with the upcoming storm.

Unfortunately, the models cut back some for the LSV for tomorrow.

The timing & the bulk of the good precip swinging a bit to our north doesn’t help our snow amounts at this point.

• Like 1

Yesterday was our 1st below normal day of the month....but far from our last. It looks like a sustained stretch of below normal temperatures are on tap for one of few times this non-winter season here in Chester County. It looks like yet another wintry mix arriving later tomorrow PM with maybe a slushy small accumulation especially in NW Chesco in elevations over 600 ft ASL. The real accumulation will be about 20 miles north of here in Lehigh County. More wintry mix is possible on Sunday night but again just a slushy small accumulation.
Records for today: High 78.4 (2016) / Low 4 degrees (1984)/ Precipitation 1.86" (1919) / Snow 6.0" (1976)
image.png.440673cbb7c1d9cb10a71ca42c388b8a.png

12 hours ago, canderson said:

As of tonight CTP is forecasting less than half inch of snow Friday and rain next Monday/Tuesday. 

When the GFS makes it inevitable tick north, it'll be the ultimate kick in the kahoonas for Friday.  At least it was "closer to something" :lol:

For the sun/monday deal, its already slipping away for some/many.  Not sure where it ends up, but at least its something to track??

Im trying to put a + spin on reality.

26 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

When the GFS makes it inevitable tick north, it'll be the ultimate kick in the kahoonas for Friday.  At least it was "closer to something" :lol:

For the sun/monday deal, its already slipping away for some/many.  Not sure where it ends up, but at least its something to track??

Models teased us as usual or at least for me. I doubt we get anything other than a few mood flakes. 

29 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Yeah it's been a bit depressing perusing the models this morning.  I'm not giving up hope beyond Friday but it would be quite fitting for this winter to end with another series of disappointments.  We'll keep scouring for signs of life though, and like I've said previously the ULL pattern could at least be interesting for a couple days.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yeah it's been a bit depressing perusing the models this morning.  I'm not giving up hope beyond Friday but it would be quite fitting for this winter to end with another series of disappointments.  We'll keep scouring for signs of life though, and like I've said previously the ULL pattern could at least be interesting for a couple days.  

My train is moving due east about 75 miles west of East Palestine Ohio...

• Like 1