• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Ides of March end of Winter 2023

1 hour ago, mahantango#1 said:

I think JB is saying that next weekend storm probably go west of us yet again.

He said it depends on the speed of the low crossing the country next week. If it slows, an initial low could cut before a secondary low forms.

He also said we should have 3 chances of Winter storms between the 10th & 20th with temps well below normal.

23 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

He said it depends on the speed of the low crossing the country next week. If it slows, an initial low could cut before a secondary low forms.

He also said we should have 3 chances of Winter storms between the 10th & 20th with temps well below normal.

It seemed to me imo, he was leaning toward it slowing. He didn't seem to enthusiastic.

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

He must be doing a PBP of the GFS. 

I saw this posted in the Mid Atlantic thread a little earlier. 
It shows the low locations from the 18z GEFS and the hand written “GFS” in the middle of the country is the low location that the GFS Op run choose!

This was an extreme outlier compared to the rest of the GEFS low location options.

Bottom line, long way to go until this is resolved.

8F50722C-8F30-4AD6-8F39-8A3534D244B9.png

In the last 3 hours my Tempest has recorded 104 strikes.  Last one was 46 minutes ago.  I never saw any lightning here, but the station can detect strikes up to 27 miles away.  It's been pouring here the past 2 hours.  Total precip for today up to 1.38" and no sign of it stopping soon.  Temp holding at 36.3 degrees.

Here's the big item...my pressure is down to 994 millibars and continuing to fall.  There's the generator for the high winds coming up.  Significant low pressure followed likely by rapid pressure rises behind the front.

12 minutes ago, Storm Clouds said:

The GFS was spot on with tonight’s storm 8 days ago when the Canadian was showing a snowstorm for us. No different this time…move along. Maybe we can score later in the month. This is just not our winter. 

Lol…lock in the GFS 7 days out!

Seriously?! Trust the GFS this far out?

It is farrrrrrrrrrrrrr too soon to “move along” !!!