• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The Ides of March end of Winter 2023

and fwiw, if the blocking continues to press, one could see this all trend south, so I'd not put much stock in a D7 op run (ens guidance is less amped at 500 right now, so proceed with caution).  

It does look like this period holds potential, and while you can shovel it (yet), its a better look than we've had for some time (if it holds).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Also, an update on organic matters. Still think this has potential to be pretty bad. Its not like you need a multi week artic outbreak to cause havoc. A few days can cause plenty. 

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Yeah bubbler or someone else posted a similar graphic last week.  I saw a tree w/ buds popping on way in this morning.  There could be a lot of carnage if the cold look holds.  2m temp anoms arent crazy cold, but to kill sensative stuff, they just have to be cold enough.

gfs-ens_T2maMean_us_10.png

It's been 2 weeks since I started talking about the 3/10 - 3/20 time period. Almost all of you (but not everyone) thought I was crazy...it's just nice to see a large storm of significance showing up on more more models now for that time period. It beats the hell out of the almost complete shutout pattern we've had for MOST of the past 2 years. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Concur...I was thinking how to say it, but I like your way.  I am guessing he does not really mean it and was looking for some laughs. 

I agree i doubt he ment any malice or anything but...just not a fan about joking about domestic abuse (even though Im sure I've done it in the past as well)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, canderson said:

All that mid-month cold is going to do is kill the peach and apple trees in the SE, they're blooming already (a few weeks early). It'll kill stuff here too, but that'll be a bigger issue down there. 

And if the ground is brown and frozen.....tha'll just really suck.  At least have it look like winter if its gonna do what its gonna do.  

45 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It's been 2 weeks since I started talking about the 3/10 - 3/20 time period. Almost all of you (but not everyone) thought I was crazy...it's just nice to see a large storm of significance showing up on more more models now for that time period. It beats the hell out of the almost complete shutout pattern we've had for MOST of the past 2 years. 

me thinking you're crazy, has nothing to do with a storm ;):hurrbear:

• Haha 1