• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2023 OBS Thread

19 hours ago, Albedoman said:

You guys better start thinking about drought instead of cold and warm. Not having more than .50 inch of rain in weeks here at my house is worrisome.  Usually the ground is so wet,  I cannot even drive the mower on it.  Once the tree releaf begins and the temps hit near 70, its game on as the moisture will really get sucked out of the ground. Fortunately the soil temps are below normal now but that can quickly change with a few sunny 70 degree days. I am hoping Saturday we can get an inch of rain with some t- storms but I am not holding my breath as this stagnant light shower weather pattern refuses to budge.  I am so tired of either the constant cloudy cold days or sunny blowing your ass around days. It has been this way for the entire  month.  50 degree sunny days with 30 mph + northerly winds is not productive.  

did you have the screen name Grothar at one time?

22 hours ago, Albedoman said:

You guys better start thinking about drought instead of cold and warm. Not having more than .50 inch of rain in weeks here at my house is worrisome.  Usually the ground is so wet,  I cannot even drive the mower on it.  Once the tree releaf begins and the temps hit near 70, its game on as the moisture will really get sucked out of the ground. Fortunately the soil temps are below normal now but that can quickly change with a few sunny 70 degree days. I am hoping Saturday we can get an inch of rain with some t- storms but I am not holding my breath as this stagnant light shower weather pattern refuses to budge.  I am so tired of either the constant cloudy cold days or sunny blowing your ass around days. It has been this way for the entire  month.  50 degree sunny days with 30 mph + northerly winds is not productive.  

These are actually my good days....heaven on earth hopefully til Fall.

56F/Breezy currently. Predicted low tonight upper 20s.

• Like 1

Happy Opening Day to those that celebrate - it should be a national holiday!! Go Phillies!!
This morning was our 1st sub-freezing reading since the 21st with a low of 28.5. Today will be our 3rd straight below normal day with temps running about 10 degrees below normal with highs in the mid-40's. Warmer tomorrow and Saturday with rain arriving later tomorrow into Saturday. Cooler Sunday before a big warmup into the 70's by Tuesday and Wednesday next week.
Records for today: High 88 (1990) / Low 16 (1915) / Rain 0.81"(1980) / Snow 1.8" (1991)
image.png.c0759aa6162ad841390b88235f9d097f.png

8 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

After a low of 31 yesterday, I made it up to 48 as a high.  Looks like the temps will be shooting up the next couple days but then the wind and rain will be incoming too, with some possible t-storms.

Currently 35 with dp 29.

Later Saturday w/a couple boomers (I hope) /winds then a cooler Sunday, lower 50s highs? Hopefully?

Overcast/51F/PSU radar currently:

mid pa.jpg

51 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Weren't we suppose to get into the mid 60's today? Sitting at 51 currently. It's raw out there!

Warm front (if you can call it that) is to your west.  Temps in LanCo are approaching 60 now.  Warmest temps in our area will likely be late this afternoon/early evening when front moves by.

12 hours ago, famartin said:

26 at my house. Saucer Magnolias were coming into full bloom around the neighborhood. Hope they didn't get their butts kicked too badly.

26 could do a number, but maybe the quick warm-up in the AM helped a little? Only made it to 33F here, and both a Saucer and a Star Magnolia are in full bloom, so that was good. A few buds got freezer burn a couple of weeks ago and fell off, but the vast majority are blooming now.

2 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

You should air out pretty well tomorrow, lol.

Re-watching 5th season of "Breaking Bad" currently in the recliner w/the W and E windows open. Breeze is surprisingly constant rolling through...heat off. Not a good night for a pit-fire but for "what is is", this is fine. Hopefully some T-storms/winds  tomorrow...  

57F

• Like 1

We have picked up 0.19" of rain so far this morning. Sun should return for a while this afternoon and temps will soar well into the 60's to near 70 degrees. This has a good chance to be our warmest day so far this year (so far 66.3 on Feb 23rd). A strong cold front crosses the county toward evening with a sharp drop in temps. There cold be a strong thunderstorm and there is a high wind advisory in effect till 2am Sunday. We should see temps fall back into the 40's by late evening. Much colder tomorrow with temps running almost 10 degrees below normal. Highs should be in the mid to upper 40's. Much milder to start the new work week.
Records: High 84 degrees (1917) / Low 7 degrees (1923) / Rain 1.26" (1977) / Snow 15.0" (1924)
image.png.2c3b270fe423c3cbd10e2a226268eff6.png
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:
We have picked up 0.19" of rain so far this morning. Sun should return for a while this afternoon and temps will soar well into the 60's to near 70 degrees. This has a good chance to be our warmest day so far this year (so far 66.3 on Feb 23rd). A strong cold front crosses the county toward evening with a sharp drop in temps. There cold be a strong thunderstorm and there is a high wind advisory in effect till 2am Sunday. We should see temps fall back into the 40's by late evening. Much colder tomorrow with temps running almost 10 degrees below normal. Highs should be in the mid to upper 40's. Much milder to start the new work week.
Records: High 84 degrees (1917) / Low 7 degrees (1923) / Rain 1.26" (1977) / Snow 15.0" (1924)
image.png.2c3b270fe423c3cbd10e2a226268eff6.png

Depending how much instability we get with the sun coming out and temps moving 72-76 down here we could see some isolated tornadoes. As always great stuff!!

Picked up .06" overnight and then it dumped about 1/4" on us a little while ago. Sun popped out for about 30 seconds and it started to feel steamy outside. Gonna need to keep an eye on potential development this afternoon--it feels like our region might be under the gun later today, especially after watching all of those storms form over the Midwest yesterday.

This could be headed our way:

nC0USo5.png