• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2023 OBS Thread

My high yesterday ended up being 39 after most of the precip ended after 2:30 pm (with nothing really measurable than maybe the 0.1" brief dusting).  The low was 33 this morning and it's currently not much warmer at 35 with dp 22.  The frontal passage definitely hit on the dps.

The winds have been fierce as well. When I had to step out front yesterday to grab a delivery that had just been dropped off, I had to struggle with the door just to get out there. :yikes:

1 hour ago, Kevin Reilly said:

So my AcuRite weather station 51 degrees humidity 1% dewpoint-46 wind NW 15-37 mph love it!

hmm 1% humidity-46 dewpoint our new normal drought incoming. 

I hope it gets as hot, dry and sunny as Death Valley this was the most miserable cold season in my life.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, RedSky said:

I hope it gets as hot, dry and sunny as Death Valley this was the most miserable cold season in my life.

And what's amazing is that it's been well below normal out here in Phoenix about 75% of all days since November 5th. 

I was hoping to revel (and gloat to friends/family) about the nice winter weather, and how I was (not) missing all the snow and cold back east.

That worked out well... :axe:

• Weenie 1

22 minutes ago, Voyager said:

And what's amazing is that it's been well below normal out here in Phoenix about 75% of all days since November 5th. 

I was hoping to revel (and gloat to friends/family) about the nice winter weather, and how I was (not) missing all the snow and cold back east.

That worked out well... :axe:

Same cool Pacific trough and atmospheric river caused the clouds in the northeast and low snow amounts.

• Like 1

Well the overcast hung on all morning and the sun struggled mightily but has now finally come out, with the cloud deck clearing.

Bottomed out at 34 and am currently at 51 with a dp that has finally trudged back into the 20s at 23, after going as low as 5 sometime just after midnight, and slowly recovering the rest of the morning.

All I want to know now is when does the colder than average pattern initiated by the February SSWE end. Constant cold dumps delaying the onset of spring after total garbage winter suck in my book, no end showing as yet through the end of March. If it continues deep into April :arrowhead:

• Weenie 1

27 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Buckle up!!

I mean, technically we needed to be buckled up most of this past 'winter'. It was worse than a wooden roller coaster with rusty tracks and no brakes. Seriously, how many times did guidance show a hit at day 9-10 then morphed from a good cold pattern to above average crud as it approached? Good riddance to whatever that season was that we just experienced.

46 minutes ago, RedSky said:

All I want to know now is when does the colder than average pattern initiated by the February SSWE end. Constant cold dumps delaying the onset of spring after total garbage winter suck in my book, no end showing as yet through the end of March. If it continues deep into April :arrowhead:

CFS says next October we get to bask in the warmth of the Autumn sun under the influence of the exact same pattern we just endured since November.  If this pattern repeats again entering next fall with signs it lasts into winter I'm buying a one-way ticket on Musk's Space X orbit tour.

cfs-mon_01_z500a_namer_7.png

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

<sarcasm>Here we go, I'm sure this will work out </sarcasm>.  Midday in late March with a 993mb low in Cleveland. How does this model's algorithm even allow for this crap?

gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_33.png

NO way in hell does this work out for us. There is not enough cold air in the profile. Just toss this crap back into the hopper.  

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Albedoman said:

NO way in hell does this work out for us. There is not enough cold air in the profile. Just toss this crap back into the hopper.  

Exactly. Why would any global model assume something that looks like that depiction at this time of year would even stand a chance? I'm flabbergasted :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

CFS says next October we get to bask in the warmth of the Autumn sun under the influence of the exact same pattern we just endured since November.  If this pattern repeats again entering next fall with signs it lasts into winter I'm buying a one-way ticket on Musk's Space X orbit tour.

cfs-mon_01_z500a_namer_7.png

Lol - luckily it will change a million times.

Well made it up to 54 yesterday after a low of 40 and 0.02" of rain but after the front came through overnight, it's a whole different story this morning. 

The bottom fell out and I am currently partly sunny and finally ticked up to 27 from a low of 26 with dp 7 (where it had gone as low as 5).  One of my late-blooming lilacs ("Miss Kim") had sprouted some leaves all up and down the branches and am hoping that those leaves survive despite the temp being under the "hard freeze" temp of 28.  That lilac is 25 years old so it has seen it all, but still. :axe: