• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2023 OBS Thread

The coastal storm is wrapping up to our northeast today and we will continue to see some snow showers pivoting through our areas from the NE to the SW. Some spots may see a very small accumulation but those rusty snow plows will yet again fail to see action in our non-winter!
Records for today. High 81 (1990) / Low 3 (1896) / Precipitation 1.51" (1940) / Snow (10.0")

image.png.3061fe5076daeeb0c2a9f87751588236.png

On 3/7/2023 at 2:29 PM, Albedoman said:

Truth hurts sometimes. After last nights snowfall bust IMHO, I hold out no hope that 10 day models will ever be accurate, no matter how many times they are calibrated. It's like wishing the  wheels on you car to be perfectly aligned all the time but at the same time going over potholes, especially for PA.    Every single 10-15 day model demonstrates the inability to project accurate snowfall totals.  They are only good for sniffing out potential overall pattern change.

While I agree the La Nina pattern is on its deathbed after three miserable years, I would expect nothing less than abrupt weather pattern change while its on last breath in March or April to signify its passing.  Typically but not always  a deep LP forming off the east coast is the precursor of this pattern change. I have seen this situation unfold  nearly a dozen times. I expect nothing less. Actually a moderate to heavy snow event in the next week or so  is really needed for our soils (since we have been robbed of snow all winter) for a beautiful spring flowering season and before the buds are formed on all of the trees. I would agree a moderate snow event is most likely in the cards as we have nothing to lose and even Stevie Wonder can sing along with that tune. 

Game on. The models keep spitting out a deepening LP late next week. The precursor for a MAJOR pattern change IN THE MAKING signified by todays BS system becoming the eventual blocking mechanism for next weeks storm for us. Now you can say buckle up.

• Haha 1