• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2023 OBS Thread

A big noreaster will form along the coast over the next couple days. Unfortunately for Team Snow....it looks to form a bit too late to give us much accumulated snow. Further Northeast toward NYC and Boston it could be the biggest storm of the season, Here in Chesco some more mixed precipitation will arrive tonight becoming all rain tomorrow before back to some snow before ending on Tuesday,
Records: High 80 (1990) / Low 8 (1934) / Precipitation 1.64" (1912) / Snow 4.3" (2022). That 4" of snow last year was the last time we recorded greater than 1" of snow.
image.png.f2c6b7517cfc225ca21cfdaff63ba90b.png

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

Team GFS/CMC yanked the fantasy NAM like a bad tooth :yikes:

My forecast - From northwest NJ to Long Island from Northern Surekill county to the Poconos 6 -12 inches of snow.  From LV west into Harrisburg 1-2 in of wet slop on the grass.  Anyone  south of LV  might as well go pound sand. Winter is dead folks and this next storm will slap the hell out of the Philly metro area and even the LV for snow accumaltions.  NIMBY syndrome for sure when it comes to snowfall events for se and south central PA

• Weenie 2

2 hours ago, RedSky said:

My local forecast for snow  is <.5" tonight, <.5" tomorrow, <.5" tomorrow night and less than 1" Tuesday

How much snow will I get less than 2.5" is all I can figure lol

We suck/sports this season. Phils, Birds and Union...damn, we can't get it together.

I felt bad for the Mid Atlantic sub forum but we're just as bad winter wise these days....

42F....looks like snow

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedSky said:

My local forecast for snow  is <.5" tonight, <.5" tomorrow, <.5" tomorrow night and less than 1" Tuesday

How much snow will I get less than 2.5" is all I can figure lol

We can't even get a 1-2"/1-3" Alberta these days. They were a dime/dozen back in the "days". :oldman:

"Get off my damn lawn"...  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 1

52 minutes ago, Kevin Reilly said:

We do traces well at least here in Delaware County 

God Bless.

It's been a train wreck/disaster in my parts? Literally didn't have anything outside of 10 days to track? I practically gave up attention?

Hoping for a cow flying/barn breaking Spring/below normal Spring/Summer season...damn, we need it. Hell, I'll take a twister and a couple premature hurricanes. Also, I'll take a power outage, huge transformer bright explosion, high winds blowing my trash cans all the around, hail damage. We need it... 

41F

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

A storm will form along the coast and strengthen as it moves northeast. We should see rain showers today mixing with snow at times late tonight and into the day tomorrow. Some spots may pick up a small slushy accumulation.
Records for today: High 80 (1990) / Low 1 below zero {1896} / Precipitation 2.51" (1993) / Snow 15.2" (1993)
image.png.1b14ee6abcc74e90a58ffd5602880c02.png
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, RedSky said:

Snow was removed from today's local forecast. But for tonight it's been amped up to snow could be heavy at times, total accumulation <.5" lol

That's the only way it will stick to paved surfaces. 

With the gusty winds/flakes tomorrow it may be somewhat eventful. We're really scraping these days for anything. Not that far away should do well...

39F/Cloudy/Mist

6 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

That's the only way it will stick to paved surfaces. 

With the gusty winds/flakes tomorrow it may be somewhat eventful. We're really scraping these days for anything. Not that far away should do well...

39F/Cloudy/Mist

I'm looking at a grand total of .25" liquid over the next 30hrs and snow that could be heavy at times tonight after 3am it's ridiculous

March 13–I’m just glad we’re no longer 10 days away from thinking we could possibly, maybe have a long-shot of a chance at being 10 days away from something happening if everything lines up just perfectly.

Mist, gloom, crud, 42F. Yay spring!

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

March 13–I’m just glad we’re no longer 10 days away from thinking we could possibly, maybe have a long-shot of a chance at being 10 days away from something happening if everything lines up just perfectly.

Mist, gloom, crud, 42F. Yay spring!

I'll take this till Fall rather than 98F w/a DP of 75F, that sucks.

Thank God not trash night...things will start whipping.

41F/Misty....heavier stuff closing in.

stci.jpg

19 minutes ago, anthonyweather said:

b46f98eb1fa09b322f5a7f1de3b59b8e.jpg

Mt holly is aiming to be the most talked about forecast today. Sadly the state uses this to issue travel bans. What a DISASTER

I have a clip for the MT Holly guys writing this discussion for the LV this morning--- Whats even more unbelievable is that 6-10 warrants a winter storm watch and they did not even issue one. Yes I agree it is warranted as a minimum  If the cold air buildup upon in a deepening coastal LP, the rain will likely  turn to heavy wet snow in an extreme dendritic growth situation and MT Holly will be forced to issue a winter storm warning after we had 3+ in of snow on the road in the LV.  With all the truck traffic in the LV, thats a disaster in the making. Why even mention if you are not sure. 

• Weenie 2