• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2023 OBS Thread

Currently feels (temp/wind), sounds...some window howling/trees swaying (wind) like winter. Just lack of snow although Fri night/into Sat looks somewhat eventful.

Overall, the next 10 days+ look to be at/below avg temp w/a shot at some frz precip. Not stellar but no blowtorch which is a plus...

38F/cloudy (Predicted low 28F)

51 minutes ago, Duca892 said:

Allentown only needs 3.5in to drop out of the top 5 least snowiest winters of all time. I!!!!! am going to be positive and say we get those 3.5in over the next 2wks

the only problem with this  measurement is that does not accurately represent the entire LV as a whole. Many places in western lehigh county have received as much snow as Norristown PA, less than 2 inches.  Furthermore, a true snow weenie would be also looking at how many days of measurable snow has been on the ground at LVI. I would bet that record will be broken.  Thus far at my house no snow has lasted on the ground longer than 12 hours. 

• Like 2

A rare for this incredibly warm winter season will be the upcoming stretch of below normal weather that is on tap for much of the area. This will also include a couple of chances of accumulating snow. The first chance is Friday night into Saturday AM and again around Monday. Of note through yesterday we are now a whopping 28.3" below normal in seasonal snowfall. To date we have seen only 2.7" of snow
Records for today: High 80 degrees (2000) / Low 7 degrees (1920) / Precipitation 2.96" (1995) / Snow 7.2" (1984)
image.png.06446d0be35f69ea42cb40aecc1ed4cc.png

If any comfort for team snow...we are not alone in our snow drought here in 2022/23. Below are other Northeast Corridor locations and their current vs. (average) snow to date
Chester County PA 2.7" (31.0") / Allentown 6.3" (28.2") / Philadelphia 0.3" (20.5") / NYC Central Park 2.3" (26.1") /LGA NY 3.3" (25.7") / JFK NY 2.0" (22.4") / Newark NJ 2.3" (27.2") / Bridgeport CT 4.9" (27.9") / Boston 11.9" (41.4") / Providence RI 11.5" (31.7")
  • Like 1

On 3/7/2023 at 12:01 PM, RedSky said:

Craziest model variation ever. CMC likes this weekends storm, euro wants to glacier the Ides of March, GFS has white St. Patrick's. 

This was the pinnacle of interest for anticipation of some decent shots at appreciable snow. Been all down hill since.

Stated and summed up with all of these models in the last two days in these three simple words we all come to know "HIGH BUST POTENTIAL"  This has been on-going this entire season. I expect nothing less at this point since consistency for each model run between 3-5 days has been an utter joke. Well lets see the 18z model  run will show a huge strung out mess and we all get rain or zilcho as the 0z runs will clearly depict a tight wound up series of lows near  the sweet spot with 2 ft snow accumulations.  Place your bets. ITs like playing the roulette wheel.  

Another word missing from this year in our vocabulary-  "OVERPERFORMER"  LOL   as the models are simple ball paddles right now.as in this clip

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Albedoman said:

Stated and summed up with all of these models in the last two days in these three simple words we all come to know "HIGH BUST POTENTIAL"  This has been on-going this entire season. I expect nothing less at this point since consistency for each model run between 3-5 days has been an utter joke. Well lets see the 18z model  run will show a huge strung out mess and we all get rain or zilcho as the 0z runs will clearly depict a tight wound up series of lows near  the sweet spot with 2 ft snow accumulations.  Place your bets. ITs like playing the roulette wheel.  

Another word missing from this year in our vocabulary-  "OVERPERFORMER"  LOL   as the models are simple ball paddles right now.as in this clip

"Here give these out to the boys at the NWS in lieu of pay.." 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Albedoman said:

I mean if it snows great I’ll enjoy it while it falls because it won’t be around much longer than a day. This winter has been real disappointing and don’t expect anything going forward, I’ll be back for severe storms to post obs