• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Banter 2023

George BM

Its snowing hard and blowing like a hurricane on Palisades https://www.palisadestahoe.com/mountain-information/webcams#tab=palisades And, there's a milder moisture-laden storm gonna smash right into the Palisades come Thursday on thru the upcoming weekend, with  tons of wind driven rain below 7500 feet, and 5 feet of heavy wet snow above 7500 feet. The train of moisture-laden storms is like a succession of jets landing right on top of Tahoe, slated to continue right into late March.

It's NEVER A DULL MOMENT at Palisades Tahoe.

• Thanks 1

Really beautiful Spring day today, everything is out in full bloom, and this has the fullness/broadness/depth that I can't remember happening this early. 96-97 was an early bloom, maybe close to equal, I lived in Baltimore city at the time and flowers/leaves were trying to come on by March 15-25. I remember rooting against the snowstorm  March 31st that was suppose to give us 12"+ originally, it ended up being all rain based on a last second move, I dropped some of my interest for snow at that point. The NAO is at +600dm right now and you can tell that it doesn't even matter, as life is bursting through, to the tops of trees, it seems from the ground. It's been 55-60 degrees for 3 consecutive days under pacific-atlantic-Polar blocking. last few days of Feb/1st week of March was really "naturally warm" now, at this time, i've noticed, sun radiates brightness really warm. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stormchaserchuck1 said:

Really beautiful Spring day today, everything is out in full bloom, and this has the fullness/broadness/depth that I can't remember happening this early. 96-97 was an early bloom, maybe close to equal, I lived in Baltimore city at the time and flowers/leaves were trying to come on by March 15-25. I remember rooting against the snowstorm  March 31st that was suppose to give us 12"+ originally, it ended up being all rain based on a last second move, I dropped some of my interest for snow at that point. The NAO is at +600dm right now and you can tell that it doesn't even matter, as life is bursting through, to the tops of trees, it seems from the ground. It's been 55-60 degrees for 3 consecutive days under pacific-atlantic-Polar blocking. last few days of Feb/1st week of March was really "naturally warm" now, at this time, i've noticed, sun radiates brightness really warm. 

You think THATS warm? We got a subtropical ridge in the GoM that has us under 83/67 for days and days and grass is foot plus in many areas, wow 50 percent leafout, this is EARLY even for us down in south Tex! Global warming has taken over. I have found places where the grass is TWO FEET tall already!!! My lawn mower is hard to start. Damn that grass grows inches each day!

Wow, Does it EVER stop snowing at Palisades? The Atmospheric River is tomorrow afternoon, but it is ALREADY snowing hard on the 8200' level again!

https://www.palisadestahoe.com/mountain-information/webcams

Snow levels will fluctuate wildly throughout the atmospheric river event, but some localities could pile on an additional SIX FEET of heavy, wet snow!

I love the rich snob flex on here. It used to be more subtle, like "I'll post a deck pic of my 10,000 sq ft McMansion covered in snow" ...now it's progressed to "here's a pic of my $2k a night resort, btw you all getting snow?" :lol:

Hey, it makes me a bit jealous, which is what the goal likely is. Jealous that he’s got a great thing going with his wife, haha. Thank god my girlfriend is going to law school. Maybe one day I can troll people online about snow while she bills an absurd rate, too. The American Dream
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

I love the rich snob flex on here. It used to be more subtle, like "I'll post a deck pic of my 10,000 sq ft McMansion covered in snow" ...now it's progressed to "here's a pic of my $2k a night resort, btw you all getting snow?" :lol:

life is too short to let that stuff get to you. 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Hey, it makes me a bit jealous, which is what the goal likely is. Jealous that he’s got a great thing going with his wife, haha. Thank god my girlfriend is going to law school. Maybe one day I can troll people online about snow while she bills an absurd rate, too. The American Dream

I've always liked you as a poster. Even in the early pre-college days. As someone in their 50's who chased "the dream", I pulled it of in every way except true satisfaction. The most important  part of life... I'm far from alone. I'm in the majority i think. 

I'm very self aware of why now. It clicked. Chasing "things and stuff and bank accounts and vacations and expensive dinners..." and whatever else can become a merry-go-round in living hell. If you are not feeling satisfaction from within, it's all a waste. The chase is insidious. You start off guns blazin. You know what you want and go for it. Over the coming decades it will beat on you. All of it. Traffic, stress, insane cost of living, surrounded by big ego jerks, etc. You start to ask yourself wtf you're doing. I realized I had no internal peace in my life. Always on alert and foot on the gas because it's the only way to play the money game 

Big money can often fuel a big ego and big ego's by default are very unhappy entities because it's typically house of cards inside.  I realize now how wrong I had it and I was never brash or flashy.  I've spent 2 months in (all of) my spare time building a 500' driveway bed by hand and a tractor. It was a real bitch. But I never wavered. I kept pushing, watching, thinking, adjusting. Gravel was delivered last week and it's all done. The happiest day of 2023 and it cost me $900 for 20 tons of gravel. This (for me) is true happiness with my life. I could have dropped 7-8k and had it done in a day but there is no way in hell I would feel such deep love and satisfaction for what I did. That one piece of work will make me smile inside until I leave the earth. Priceless really. 

I'm not telling a soul what to do other than be very aware that the "dream" has a very dark side that leaves an ocean sized pool of destroyed happiness in its wake. You can only understand pure satisfaction once you suffer greatly. Life is suffering by design. How much you balance suffering and internal happiness is 100% a choice. Friend, stay on the winning side of that. Whatever it takes. More money is an unlikely solution 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I've always liked you as a poster. Even in the early pre-college days. As someone in their 50's who chased "the dream", I pulled it of in every way except true satisfaction. The most important  part of life... I'm far from alone. I'm in the majority i think. 

I'm very self aware of why now. It clicked. Chasing "things and stuff and bank accounts and vacations and expensive dinners..." and whatever else can become a merry-go-round in living hell. If you are not feeling satisfaction from within, it's all a waste. The chase is insidious. You start off guns blazin. You know what you want and go for it. Over the coming decades it will beat on you. All of it. Traffic, stress, insane cost of living, surrounded by big ego jerks, etc. You start to ask yourself wtf you're doing. I realized I had no internal peace in my life. Always on alert and foot on the gas because it's the only way to play the money game 

Big money can often fuel a big ego and big ego's by default are very unhappy entities because it's typically house of cards inside.  I realize now how wrong I had it and I was never brash or flashy.  I've spent 2 months in (all of) my spare time building a 500' driveway bed by hand and a tractor. It was a real bitch. But I never wavered. I kept pushing, watching, thinking, adjusting. Gravel was delivered last week and it's all done. The happiest day of 2023 and it cost me $900 for 20 tons of gravel. This (for me) is true happiness with my life. I could have dropped 7-8k and had it done in a day but there is no way in hell I would feel such deep love and satisfaction for what I did. That one piece of work will make me smile inside until I leave the earth. Priceless really. 

I'm not telling a soul what to do other than be very aware that the "dream" has a very dark side that leaves an ocean sized pool of destroyed happiness in its wake. You can only understand pure satisfaction once you suffer greatly. Life is suffering by design. How much you balance suffering and internal happiness is 100% a choice. Friend, stay on the winning side of that. Whatever it takes. More money is an unlikely solution 

Love it. You and I are a lot alike.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Love it. You and I are a lot alike.

I'm all in now. I hopefully have 15+ solid years of good phys health. I'm finally light and strong for an old guy. That was harder than my driveway and I was already light and strong once lol. Everything a young person hears about getting old is true. They need to just accept that. 

I'm getting back to work here this spring with the contractor who did the initial clearing on our tract. 1 man show will become a 2 man show with machines. We're buying a 12k lb excavator and we both have  trucks/trailers trackloaders already. I'm in for my love for the outdoors and also machines (lifetime gear head lol)

I need to earn but my ambition doesn't have a single $ attached.  I have a feeling it will all just naturally work out. The realtor who sold us our lot set us up to clear a 2 acre build site for a lot he sold. All I did was mention I'm buying excavator in passing. He lit up and here we are. Life is a GD trip sometimes. Nothing I'm doing is pre-planned. Just rollin downstream seeing what happens.

• Like 5

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic