Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Banter 2023

George BM

11 minutes ago, MacChump said:

the liverpool/man u game was something else too fwiw

That was a total shocker.    Man U had been playing so well lately too and had a majority of the opportunities before Liverpool struck in the 43rd minute.   Then the floodgates opened up.   I felt bad for DeGea, not much he could have done. 

• Like 1

On 3/3/2023 at 9:08 PM, 87storms said:

I actually thought about chasing this one.  I've been wanting to take a trip to Vermont, but decided to wait another week and reevaluate how things are going around here in the snow department.  Another reason I went against it is that my jeep has 120k miles on it and will likely need new front brakes soon.

Sometimes its difficult to make it happen. I got kind of lucky with these two storms. But this one was everything I thought it would be and more. 

Record breaking snowless winter here in Delaware but I can say I had my fill of snow this year. It was 24 hours + of snow up there. Still snowing when I left. I was sad I had to leave.

IMG_8815.jpg

IMG_8822.jpg

IMG_8824.jpg

IMG_8828.jpg

IMG_8829.jpg

IMG_8835.jpg

IMG_8838.jpg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, RevWarReenactor said:

Sometimes its difficult to make it happen. I got kind of lucky with these two storms. But this one was everything I thought it would be and more. 

Record breaking snowless winter here in Delaware but I can say I had my fill of snow this year. It was 24 hours + of snow up there. Still snowing when I left. I was sad I had to leave.

IMG_8815.jpg

IMG_8822.jpg

IMG_8824.jpg

IMG_8828.jpg

IMG_8829.jpg

IMG_8835.jpg

IMG_8838.jpg

Now that's a snowstorm.  I'm done with the cartoppers.  I'm gonna see what happens with that follow-up wave.  I may end up chasing that one if it ends up being a late forming Miller B.

• Like 2

Palisades has gotten three feet of pow in the past 60 hours! However, a much wetter and MILDER pacific storm is on the horizon, and some models are printing out a dreaded 9500 foot snow level. Which means a tremendous SOAKING all over the mountain, driven by strong winds!

14 minutes ago, 87storms said:

Now that's a snowstorm.  I'm done with the cartoppers.  I'm gonna see what happens with that follow-up wave.  I may end up chasing that one if it ends up being a late forming Miller B.

LOVE the pics! You went where the snow is, and you got some!

3 minutes ago, nj2va said:

I’m tracking zonal, dry patterns or the return of the SER.  Hard pass on highs in the mid 40s with drizzle in March.

Oh... I'd say be prepared for it and thru April as a payback of sorts for the incredibly mild/warm winter. Everything evens out in the end you know. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Please let it warm up for good. Didn’t want to clutter the other thread but I’m done with winter

This time last year we were 80 degrees with an actual legit shot of accumulating snow by week's end, that actually verified. 70s again the following week.

That's how you do March, not this crap.

48 minutes ago, H2O said:

I might have to mow my weeds and onions if this trend of hope continues

Did just that this afternoon, for the 14 freakishly overgrown small patches of grass in my backyard, prior to...whatever....might fall in our yard later this weekend while we're on the road. I hate this part of late winter/early spring in our part of the world when it comes to lawn care...  :( 

53 minutes ago, jayyy said:

Wave 2 and 3 are by far our better chance at something significant, but as a Highlander, I am certainly not going to write off wave 1 entirely at this range. No way.

46 minutes ago, jayyy said:

Depends on rates for sure. I watched it snow a foot this weekend with temps just above freezing. Rates overcame. Sure, it melted quick, but I’d take 1-3” up here from wave 1 in a heartbeat. Especially with wave 2 right on its heels.

Us years-long, snow-starved "lowlanders" wish you the very best of luck with Wave #1 in northern MD this weekend....and that your relatives in NY state continue to get smothered with snow as well. We'll just keep tending our freakishly random patches of overgrown grass "down here" in the newly, expanded-northward stretch of the SC lowcountry...

7dnbb8.jpg

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic