Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Banter 2023

George BM

10 minutes ago, Scraff said:

Someone cut my Sapwood Brewing ass off! Even my friends here be like…go home GFS blows. Euro blows as well. Believe the CRAS bro!  :lol: 

It’s over (like the end credits in Ferris Bueller). Suffering. Praying for flurries soon…what did I just type!? Damn I hate the internet…

The main takeaway here? Sapwood Brewing. Never heard of it, but because @Scraffmentioned it....I will go over to the MD dark side and try it, based SOLELY on his mention.  :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vastateofmind said:

The main takeaway here? Sapwood Brewing. Never heard of it, but because @Scraffmentioned it....I will go over to the MD dark side and try it, based SOLELY on his mention.  :) 

Thoughts and prayers when you drive the MD part of the beltway.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Sapwood is phenomenal. Started by a legend of the homebrewing world who has figured out how to scale up to commercial brewing.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, pazzo83 said:

lol - just want to point out that the Tucson photo is some ugly sprawl while Philly is a gorgeous skyline photo and DC is the Jefferson Memorial.  Enjoy your snow tho!

It’s kind of an unfair comparison. Two photos take advantage of the blue hour while one doesn’t.

Tucson is still probably a hole, though.

McClintock Matchstick bourbon (local distillery) has grown on me.  I'm still a little iffy on the Bootjack (which is mostly rye).  I'm not surprised by the latter because I'm not really a scotch guy and I think rye is a little closer to scotch on the whisky spectrum.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RevWarReenactor said:

So after last weekends fun; had to do a second chase.....

Expecting 12-15 inches of snow up here. Already have about 6 inches on the ground from the previous storm,

Tonight is going to be amazing! Come to papa! Should be starting in the next hour or two.

IMG_8752.jpg

IMG_8779.jpg

Yeh.JPG

I actually thought about chasing this one.  I've been wanting to take a trip to Vermont, but decided to wait another week and reevaluate how things are going around here in the snow department.  Another reason I went against it is that my jeep has 120k miles on it and will likely need new front brakes soon.

• Like 1

Speaking of things the Mid-Atlantic does well ...

I read on another forum that yesterday the High Wind Warning for the Mid-South -- ground central for EF4s and 5s these days -- was only the second one that region has had in March since 2006.

We've had ... what? dozens of those in March, it seems? ... in that time. 

1 hour ago, 09-10 analogy said:

Speaking of things the Mid-Atlantic does well ...

I read on another forum that yesterday the High Wind Warning for the Mid-South -- ground central for EF4s and 5s these days -- was only the second one that region has had in March since 2006.

We've had ... what? dozens of those in March, it seems? ... in that time. 

Mid-south being the Memphis centered area? The ArkLaTex region over to northern MS etc? If so, I lived there from 1998-2009, and I have definitely noticed many many more high wind and windy days since moving to the delmarva.  Discrete storms in the mid-south will obviously have huge winds, but sustained winds over the threshold for a high wind warning in that area are much harder to come by - I assume because fronts tend to sweep through there and I promise you the air can be quite still ahead of fronts. Once fronts clear there they tend not to be slow to leave so winds die down quicker than HWW thresholds maybe?

Over this way, I've noticed being caught between the mountains and any low pressure systems caught under a block off the coast that we sustain winds over longer hours way more effectively than the mid-south

Having typed all that, I may be completely wrong, so...YMMV. 

• Like 1

On 3/3/2023 at 6:20 PM, RevWarReenactor said:

So after last weekends fun; had to do a second chase.....

Expecting 12-15 inches of snow up here. Already have about 6 inches on the ground from the previous storm,

Tonight is going to be amazing! Come to papa! Should be starting in the next hour or two.

IMG_8752.jpg

IMG_8779.jpg

Yeh.JPG

Head up to Palisades Tahoe! Check out the Webcams and drool over all the torrential snows! They are gonna pick up another 3-5 feet next few days! https://www.palisadestahoe.com/mountain-information/webcams

I mean, it's POURING SNOW right now at Palisades!!!!!!

• Like 1

Some of the best times in my life was when my wife and I went hiking in the Sierras. In August and September. I’m trying to imagine how some of the places where we hiked like Mount Dana in Yosemite, which is about 13k, are like now. It’s usually free of snow by July or August, .  I wonder if that’ll be the case this year. 

Palisades got 20 inches of dry pow in the past 24 hours, and that WIND is blowing it to heck and back!

I wanna go there SO BAD. I am head over heels in love with anything Sierra Nevada in the high winter in the presence of a virulent Atmospheric River.

https://www.palisadestahoe.com/mountain-information/webcams

Check out the 8200' level! That wind is blowing that pow pow all over the place, building intriguing drifts!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Terrible loss by MD.

:lol:

They lack the mental fortitude to play on the road. I mentioned this to my friend back home. It's pretty obvious they don't know how to handle adversity in-front of a raucous environment. Something that is tough to teach sometimes. Sad but true story there. Could be a force in any other situation, but can't handle road/neutral court. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MillvilleWx said:

They lack the mental fortitude to play on the road. I mentioned this to my friend back home. It's pretty obvious they don't know how to handle adversity in-front of a raucous environment. Something that is tough to teach sometimes. Sad but true story there. Could be a force in any other situation, but can't handle road/neutral court. 

If they could play all their games at home they could win the national title lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I missed the Terps game, but so far they're overachieving this year.  It's gonna take Willard another year or two to recruit the squad that he has in mind.  As long as they make the tourney this year, that's a plus for a first year coach....and should help with recruiting.

8 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

I told my buddy when Penn State hit that prayer at the end of the first half., MD will lose by 2. Pretty darn close.

from a 2nd to 6th seed with that loss  

Good thing the rest of their games are on a neutral court where they are 2-0 this year. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic