Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Discobs 2023

George BM

26 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

That is crazy!!

This has been happening a lot lately, where you look at the distribution of temperatures for a given date at a given hour (these are usually normally distributed - so a bell curve), and we keep having instances where we are WAYYYY down the right tail of these distributions, i.e. temperatures that are rarely seen at that hour for that date.

3 hours ago, pazzo83 said:

This has been happening a lot lately, where you look at the distribution of temperatures for a given date at a given hour (these are usually normally distributed - so a bell curve), and we keep having instances where we are WAYYYY down the right tail of these distributions, i.e. temperatures that are rarely seen at that hour for that date.

Just about exclusively a late Fall to early Spring thing.

The frequency this year has been thanks to a winter of endless cutters.

14 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Damn. Only 46 here, but fireplace going. Classical piano playing. Cinnamon old fashioned flowing. Cat in lap. All #1 seeds out. And waiting for Princeton to advance.

It’s a good night.

My moral victory this bracket is that I was correct in bouncing all 1 seeds before the final four.  I just didn’t pick the right replacements!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

I'm up to 0.97" storm total.  Looks like the best was from DC west along 66 and north and west of Frederick.

Nearby PWS says 0.62”. Usually runs a little low, particularly with heavy rain like we just had, but almost certainly under 0.7” total. It’s a nice event, but March will be the 3rd drier than normal month in a row. Hopefully we get some Nino precip help come May-July. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Nearby PWS says 0.62”. Usually runs a little low, particularly with heavy rain like we just had, but almost certainly under 0.7” total. It’s a nice event, but March will be the 3rd drier than normal month in a row. Hopefully we get some Nino precip help come May-July. 

We all joke about drought, but it really does suck when it happens.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic